♛ Epilogue

Ten years later...

I grunted as I held onto the steel bar with my sweaty palms. Just two more. Two more and I could call it a morning. I shut my eyes tightly and regained my breath. Blocking out every emotion, I just listened to the music that was playing loudly from my docked cell phone. With all the strength I could muster up, I pulled myself up so my chest hovered over the bar then lowered myself down. That one pull up took a lot out of me and honestly, I wanted to cheat myself out of the last one that I still had to do but I couldn't. How was I going to keep a hold on my title if I cheated myself out of exercising? With one final, deep breath, I pulled myself up once again and finally let go of the bar and placed my feet on solid ground. Work out session, finally over.

Slowly and absolutely tiredly, I walked over to my phone and paused the music that was blasting from it. I looked towards the wall of my home gym and stared at the Bantamweight title that was hanging there beautifully. For ten years, I've held that title close to me. It wasn't wrapped around anyone's waist but my own. I, Maxim Nightingale, was the longest reigning champion in UFC history. Many have come for my belt over the past decade, but they all failed. They all left the ring disappointed with broken hearts. After the first five years of holding the belt, I felt guilty. I felt bad for being so damn good and I actually wanted to lose on purpose to give the belt away, but then I realized, my competitors didn't deserve it. If they really wanted the belt, they would defeat me. I defeated Ronda to gain the title to myself and it was staying until someone beat me fairly.

Here I was, thirty-one years old, kicking the asses of girls who were years younger than me. I wasn't planning on stopping any time soon either. If my body was still in shape by the time I was fifty then I would continue fighting because that's what I loved to do. That's what I was destined to do. It was one of the few true talents that I possessed, so of course, I was going to treasure it and slightly abuse it.

I heard someone clear their throat. My eyes fell from the hanging championship belt and towards the entrance of the gym. I smiled when I saw my wife standing there with our baby in her arms. The kid was only a few months old, but he already held a special place in my heart. I walked over to my son and my wife and kissed my wife's lips gently. "Good workout," she asked as she looked me up and down. I was drenching of sweat, but thankfully, she was used to that.

"As always. How's our little guy," I asked as I peered down at the little man. We named him after my late brother. Eli. The precious kid giggled at me once he saw me and I smiled brightly at him. Lavender handed him to me and I began rocking him gently. His eyes lit up as he wrapped his little fingers around one of mine. He was so small, adorable and innocent and when I held him I never wanted to let him go.

Just like when Ivo was younger, I never wanted to put him down. But now, the kid was up in his age. Fifteen and actually interested in girls. The worst part was that girls were actually interested in him, too. The sex talk was awkward, but Gloria, Lavender and I all sat down with him and let him know what was up. Gloria and Lavender were more skilled in the whole straight sex talk so I let them do their things as I watched on nervously. If my kid had a kid then I would literally die. I didn't want to become a grandmother until a long time from now.

"I came down because I need you to get Hailey up and ready for school. She's having one of those days," Lavender informed me as she took Eli back from me. Hailey was our eight year old daughter. She was eight, but we adopted her and had only had her for almost two years now. One thing about her was that she was the sweetest little girl ever, but sometimes she had her bad days. There were times she didn't want to get out of bed because of past memories of her past foster homes. It was sad, but it made me even more thankful that we adopted her before she ended up any worse. "I would get her up, but I have to cook breakfast and then I have to feed this hungry fella."