♛ 33

I held my son as tightly as possible as I lifted him up from the floor. Words couldn't explain how happy I was to see him and as well surprised. I thought Gloria would keep Ivo away from me for forever, but thankfully I was wrong. He seemed just as pleased to see me as I was to see him. Tears of happiness fell down my cheeks as I sat the little guy down. I squatted in front of him and wiped away the few tears of his own before getting rid of mine as well. I looked up to a smiling Gloria then back to Ivo. "It's been a while," I told him softly as I ran my fingers through his hair.

The party was still going on around us but my only focus was on my son. It had been months since I had last seen him and I wasn't going to let him Gloria or anyone else take him away from me again. Ivo and I smiled at each other for a while before he finally opened his mouth to say something. "I missed you," was all he said before pulling me into yet another hug. I ran the palm of my hand against his back before pulling away slowly. "I saw the fight! Mom let me stay up to watch the whole thing!"

"Really?! I wish you could've been there, but that's okay! As long as you're here now, that's all that matters. I'm never going that long without seeing you again. I promise." I leaned in and kissed Ivo's forehead softly. A smile spread across his face as he looked into my eyes. "Ivo, I'm so sorry about how I treated your mother that day. You don't put your hands on people unless it's a dire situation. I was out of control and angry, but I promise that I won't touch her like that again. Of course, I would never hurt you. You know that."

"I know," he told me softly as he nodded his head.

I stood up straight and looked towards Gloria who was standing there with her hands behind her back. She gave an awkward smile as I approached her. "I'm so sorry, Gloria. I was out of line when I lashed out. You know I wouldn't have done that if I was thinking straight." I ran my fingers through my hair and looked down at my feet before looking back up at her. "Thank you for letting me see Ivo again. It really means a lot."

A wide smile came across Gloria's face as she looked past me. I looked behind me to see a smiling Lavender. "Don't thank me. Thank your wonderful girlfriend. She planned all of this out just for you." I bit my lower lip as I stared at my girlfriend who was blushing wildly.

Damn, she really planned all of this for me? She even talked Gloria into letting me see Ivo again! I walked over to her and pulled my girlfriend into a loving hug. "You're seriously the best girlfriend in the world," I told her before kissing her cheek. There wasn't enough words to describe how grateful I was for Lavender at the moment. She didn't have to do this, but she did. It was obvious that she cared about me. I could see that over the past week when I went through my little intense depression over Ivo. Thankfully, that was over now but only because of her

Lavender kissed my lips softly before pulling away from the hug. "You deserve all of this. You deserve to see your son and you deserve a party to celebrate winning the belt. I know I can't give you as much as you can give me, but I'll try."

I ran my fingers through her beautiful blonde hair as I grinned at her. "Don't worry about it, baby girl. You're perfect enough." My focus was on no one but Lavender, but then I felt someone pet my leg. I looked down at Ivo and smiled. Of course. I haven't seen him in months. I'd thank Lavender for the party later. "Do you want to be my first dance of the night, kid," I asked him as I looked over to the dance floor. A bunch of my family and friends were out there having fun. No serious dance moves were being laid down, just a bunch of laughter and smiles.

Ivo and I went over to the dance floor to join everyone else. Some people cheered for us as we did our horrible dance moves together. My son was so energetic and it was kind of hard to keep up with him, since I was still a bit sore from my last, outstanding fight. "You suck," he yelled at me once I tripped over my own feet. We both laughed and stopped dancing. Ivo gave me a thumbs down and I ruffled his hair.