♛ 23

Gloria wanted me to choose who I wanted to be with but she didn't know that she was asking me to make a hard and frustrating decision. With Gloria came Ivo, the main reason I did everything and the person I loved the most. Part of me felt like if I wasn't with Gloria then somehow he would slip out of my life. I didn't know why I felt like that. I would never just boot Ivo out of my life willingly and I doubt Gloria would keep him away from me; yet still that fear remained. Plus, there was still some love there for my ex, but it was slowly dwindling. The more I spent time with Gloria the more I missed Lavender. It was crazy how much I missed her and how much I worried about her. Every day I wanted to call her just to see if she was okay but I knew she wouldn't answer. Her phone would always go straight to voice message and every message left never got returned. She ignored me. She hated me. How could I blame her? I broke her heart and even though it was by a mistake, I knew it hurt her more than ever. I knew she was still on drugs and she was utilizing them because of me, because of my selfish tendency and obliviousness.

Since Gloria asked me to make a decision, thirty days had passed by. Those thirty days were filled with nothing but training viciously for my next fight. Not only was I training for my fight, but I was letting out some frustration on the punching bags and my sparring buddies. There was so much pent up inside me. So much frustration, anger and self-hate for what I had done to Lavender. The person I had chosen was Lavender, but I hadn't voiced it to anyone. Not to Gloria. Not to Ivo and of course not to Lavender. She was impossible to get up with. "So, your fight is in two days," Miguel reminded me as he sat across from me. We had just wrapped up my last hardcore training day before the fight. The rest of the two days were going to be mostly rest since I've been training like never before. I was more than prepared for my next fight. "Once you win, you need to get drunk as f-ck and erase Gloria, Lavender and Ivo out of your mind for a few hours."

Miguel had suggested that we hit a restaurant for dinner so we were sitting outside eating as we watched a bunch of pedestrians walk by. Most would stop and say something since we were both pretty famous. I took some pictures whenever needed, but thankfully no one bothered us too much. "I don't want to drink. I'll end up doing something stupid and probably make things worst for myself. Lavender won't talk to me. Gloria is still hanging onto hope that we might get back together and Ivo, he just hasn't been looking me at the same since Lavender left. He keeps asking me when she's coming back."

The fighter sending across from me wiped his lips with a napkin and shrugged his shoulders. "Well, what are you going to do, Maxim? You can't just take all of your pent up frustration out in the ring. You've been training like crazy every day. It's time to take a break and maybe try something to new. Try to find a new girl. I've got plenty in my contacts if you want to-"

"I don't want anyone new, Miguel," I said as I threw my fork down in my plate with frustration. "My parents are even angry at me for letting Lavender out of my grip! The fans are angry! Everything is just on me and I don't know what to do! It's all so overwhelming. I want to make things right but how can I when Lavender never-" Suddenly, words stopped coming from my lips and my mouth ran dry. Behind Miguel, standing there looking as irritated as ever was Lavender. In front of her was a guy and she seemed annoyed by him. "She's here," I said more to myself than to Miguel as I stared at the beautiful blonde. She had a tray of coffee in her hand. There were two cups on the tray. Who was she with?

Miguel looked at me confused on why I was acting so weirdly. I stood up from the table and walked over to Lavender and the man who was talking to her. "If you just give me one shot, I swear I can be the best boyfriend you've ever had."

"Never had a boyfriend so yeah, probably not," Lavender said in a bitchy voice. She was obviously trying to avoid the guy but he was being persistent, telling her about how much he made a week and a whole bunch of other crap. I decided to step in to relieve her from the pain of hearing the desperate guy talk. As soon as I stepped between them, I heard a grumble from Lavender. "You've got to be f-cking kidding me." From behind me, I could hear her heels clicking away as fast they could. She was dressed professionally in a light blue dress shirt and a black pencil skirt with stockings under. I gave the guy a menacing glare and he instantly walked away, as soon as he turned his back towards me, I headed for Lavender who was already quite a distance away.