♛ 12

Maybe it was a bit too late to take Ivo to the zoo, but Lavender was right, I sure as hell could make it up to him. While Lavender got into the shower, I decided to call Gloria back. Usually, she answered her phone immediately. She was probably mad at me so she was prolonging answering. I can see her right now, just staring at her phone, counting the rings until she picked up. "Hello," she asked over the receiver. "Who's this?" I rolled my eyes at her. As if she didn't know my number or as if my picture and name didn't show up on the caller ID.

"Maxim f-cking Nightingale," I replied.

She huffed. "What do you want?"

"To take Ivo to the park. You can come too or if you want some time to yourself then that's fine," I answered. I could hear Gloria walking on the opposite end of the phone. Soon, loud cartoons were heard in the background. I assumed she had walked into the living room or Ivo's room. Soon, I heard a little voice over the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, buddy."

"Who's this?" F-ck, he was just like his mother.

"Maxim."

"Oh," he grumbled. I could almost see him pouting on the other end on the phone. "You promised we'd go to the zoo and you didn't come. Mommy got me ready and I wanted to see a lion."

"I tell you what, buddy. Why don't I take you to the park instead? It'll be just as fun and there will be other kids," I reminded him. He hummed on the other end of the phone as he thought over what I said. Ivo could be a very unforgiving child. He went a whole day without talking to me because I didn't acknowledge the drawing he stuck on the fridge. Gloria and I, and our families, all gave Ivo the upmost attention so he was a bit cranky when he was outshined. "Come on. Lavender can come, too. Don't you like her?"

"She's okay," he mumbled.

"I'll be there to pick you up in an hour, okay? Give the phone back to your mommy." Ivo mumbled a 'whatever' before handing the phone to Gloria. "Damn, he's so mean sometimes."

"Maybe you shouldn't just throw out promises that you can't keep," Gloria argued.

I sighed and ignored her provoking statement. "I'll be there in an hour. Are you coming? I think I'm going to bring Lavender along."

"I rather not have embarrassing pictures taken of me by the paparazzi. Just come and pick him up," Gloria said in a monotone voice. She hung up before I could say anything else and I groaned. Gloria and Ivo definitely needed attitude checks.

After getting showered and ready, Lavender and I headed out of my place. Miguel wasn't present, which meant, he was either at the gym or still participating in his one night stand. "Your clothes are so boyish," Lavender complained as she picked at the baggy jeans. "I feel like a man."

I laughed out loud and shook my head at her. "You look fine to me. Sexy, actually. You should wear my clothes more often." Lavender rolled her eyes at me. "Girlfriends don't roll their eyes at their girlfriend unless it's in bed. Like last night, you remember how I made your eyes roll in the back of your head? I thought you were possessed for a second. You were turning all purple and stuff and screaming my name. I thought you were about to take me to Hell." Lavender scoffed and hit my shoulder as I chuckled at her.

"I was not turning purple and my eyes were not rolling in the back of my head! You weren't even as good as I thought you were!" I smacked my lips. I didn't need Lavender to admit it. Last night was the best sex that she had ever had. I could tell by the way she looked at me with confusion. She looked at me as if she didn't understand how someone could make her feel as good as I did. So she could deny all she wanted to, but I knew she enjoyed last night.