♛ 19

The date with Maxim was more than special. She made me feel amazing with all the effort that she put into the actual date. She had planned the best night of my life in only two days. As if I wasn't already head over heels for her, that night just confirmed everything. First, she started off with an amazing dish. It tasted like something out of a restaurant but it was made by her very own hands. Each bite I took tasted better than the last and I could still taste Maxim's wonderful Chicken Marsala on my tongue when I thought hard enough about it. As we ate, she recounted the reasoning of her first tattoo and informed me just how much her tattoos meant to her. My body is a canvas that my life is displayed on, she had said. I loved how she thought fondly of every single tattoo to she had. There were no regrets and no cover-ups. After talking about her tattoos, she had taken me out to the balcony and treated me with a dessert for every question I answered. Finally, we had sex, which was a spectacular yet exhausting way to end the night.

Now, here we were, a month later, both in a dressing room and getting ready for our first interview together for a popular television talk show. This was nothing to Maxim. According to her, this was about her eleventh interview since she had been famous while this was my first. My stomach was churning from the thought of being on television where thousands of people were going to be tuning in. My parents may be watching, my prude cousins or even my estranged grandmother who lived in some sh-tstorm of a town in Vermont. Over the past month, Maxim and I were the couple to be talked about. We were on the cover of every magazine. Most of the covers were filled with stupid lies, the most comedic one was that Maxim and I broke up for a day over a donut. With the money Maxim was giving me, I'm sure I could buy tons of those and still be financially stable.

As we waited for the show to start, Maxim chewed on a piece of gum and texted Gloria. She wanted to go by after the show to see Ivo, which was fine by me. Over the month, I've gotten a bit closer to Ivo which led me to get a little closer to Gloria as well. At first, I thought Gloria hated me but she seemed to prove sweet. There were no hard feelings about Maxim and I's close connection. Gloria had actually found herself what she called a 'summer fling.' According to Maxim, her fling was a forty year old women who was a mother to four. She didn't improve of the two MILF's relationship, since Gloria was so much younger than the woman. She could be her f-cking mother, Maxim had told me several times in anger. Each time I calmed her down with a kiss and a change of the subject.

In the dressing room was a make-up artist who was getting my face done for the television cameras and Maxim's manager. She was giving us the 411 on what to say and what to keep quiet about. Her manager, Paula, had no idea that we were quite romantic but not official behind the scenes. According to her, Maxim and I were merely acquaintances except for in the public eye. "When you get out there, Joy Evers, is going to pry into your business. It's what she does. She gave me topics which she will be talking about. All I think you two will be comfortable elaborating on: sex, what it is like dating a fighter and Gloria and Ivo."

"What do you mean by she wants to talk about Gloria and Ivo," Maxim asked as she looked up from the phone. She didn't seem happy addressing that topic to public. I wouldn't blame her. It was truly no one's business about her personal life. "She's already pushing it with making us talk about our sex life, but now she wants to talk about my son and ex-fiancée." I hated when she called Gloria her ex-fiancée. It reminded me on just how close they were. They probably would be marrying each other this month if Gloria hadn't ended things.

"Don't worry, Maxim. She just wants to know how they're doing. The media does as well. They see you and Lavender out with Ivo all the time, but they barely get a shot of Gloria. Just go out there and make sure the world knows that you two are okay and still on good terms. When you get out there Joy Evers is going to put a lot of pressure on you. I know you're used to that, but Lavender isn't." I looked at Paula in the huge mirror to see her staring at me. "Lavender, I want you to stay quiet. Maxim needs to do most of the talking. Only speak when asked. Throughout this whole interview, I want you guys to be bubbly and smiling. Sneak kisses on the cheeks, don't be afraid to put your hands on each other's knees and stare at each other affectionately. I know it might be awkward, but it'll all work in the long run."