♛ 5

"What is she still doing here," Nash asked as he closed the front door. His whole face was swollen and red. I could swear there was even a dent in his jaw, but that was probably just my ego. The deadbeat father walked over to the living room as Gloria stood up from the couch. He grabbed her by her shirt, and then pushed her. "You're sitting here watching television and talking to her as if she didn't just Walker, Texas Ranger kick me in the God damn face!"

"Don't use God's name in vain," I told him. He then looked over to me. I smiled a bit. He was so irritated. If he laid a hand on me, he knew he'd be worse off than just a kick in the face. "That's really rude of you. Do you know what else is rude of you," I asked as I stepped between him and Gloria. Nash averted his eyes from me and I could tell he was nervous about my next move. I wasn't going to hurt him again, though, as long as he stayed in his lane. "It's rude of you to be a woman-beating fuckboy who has no true regard to take care of his five year old son. Instead, you'd rather stay in the same apartment as him and his mother and eat up all the money that I give to them. But, I've got news for you, Nash. It's over. I don't care if your mother died. You have to go somewhere else, and take your things. Gloria is tired of your shit. Your own son doesn't like you, and I've never been fond of you. So, you can leave now, like a man, willingly or you can leave by getting your unconscious body dragged out of here. Which one?"

Nash stared at the both of us as he began grinding his teeth together. He nodded slowly, before looking away from us. "I'll get my shit," he said simply before brushing past me. I let him walk by and he entered into Gloria's room, where I was sure his belongings resided. I looked over to Gloria who had let out of a deep sigh.

"That wasn't that bad, was it?" She shook her head and gave me a small smile. I walked over to her and pulled her into a tight hug. She buried her face in my neck and I kissed her shoulder gently. We may have broken up, but of course there was still love there. If it was up to me, then we would still be together but the life in the limelight wasn't something that Gloria wanted. I respected that, and there was no hard feelings. Moving on was just a task that came with life. It was a complicated, tough and unfair task, but there was no need to complain. Life has hit me with so much bullshit. At first, I was almost weak to it, but after a while all the bad shit leaves less of an effect on you. Once you realize everything will get better in a matter of time, no problem seems too haunting. Footsteps were heard and I pulled away from Gloria and looked towards Nash. He had a bag slung over his shoulder. A scowl was on his face as he walked past us. Without a word, he slammed the door behind him. I let out a sigh of relief. I'd be content if I never got to see his face again.

-

After Maxim left, my friends came over. They were all dressed up and ready to go to a party in Upper Manhattan. Supposedly, it was a party being thrown in an apartment by a bunch of college kids that Denim went to school with. The parties Denim dragged me to always ended in a wreck. Something crazy always happened without a doubt. The last time me and my friends went to a party that Denim dragged us to, it got shut down by the police. It was a whole ordeal. Pepper spray was getting pulled out and I even got sprayed. It was the most painful and annoying feeling I've ever felt in my life for forty-five minutes. My eyes weren't the only thing burning, but so was my skin. What pissed me off was that out of all of my friends, I was the only one who was sprayed. Kahlo blamed it on me for not sticking with the crew, but of course, I was still angry. I didn't talk to anyone for the remainder of the night that night. "I shouldn't even be going to this stupid party," I said as I walked out of my bedroom. My friends were all waiting for me in the kitchen, drinking any drop they could find from my liquor cabinet.

My stilettos clicked as I walked into the kitchen and snatched a bottle of rum from Memphis. "Who told you guys to go through my shit," I yelled in her face. She chuckled and I could see that she was already getting wasted. What was the point of going to a party if they were already going to be juiced up?