♛ 22

After Maxim left, I sat down on my couch and cried for who knows how long in nothing but a towel. I was so desperate and vulnerable that it was ridiculous. Why did I allow myself to get so attached to her? I should've known better. She told me from the beginning about how much she loved Gloria and that she would just forget me if needed if Gloria offered a chance to reconcile their relationship. She said that but yet still agreed to take me on that stupid date and continued to call me pet names. My parents even got to like her and my friends began liking her more than they did before. Everyone had gotten so use to Maxim being around or me being with Maxim and so had I. Now all of that was changing. She was gone and back with Gloria. Part of me understood her wanting to have a family with Gloria and Ivo, but I just wished she could do that without actually being with Gloria. Even if I didn't agree or feel great about her going back to her ex-fiancée, I wasn't going to stoop to any low levels to get her back and neither was I going to beg for her back.

By the end of the day, our breakup was publicized. Maxim's team made it seem like the breakup was mutual and talked about days ahead. Most people didn't believe that although because of our appearance on the Joy Evers show. We seemed way to vibrant and 'in love' to be thinking about a breakup, but whether anyone believed it or not the news was out and everyone wanted a piece of information. Since Maxim had gotten me my own publicist, the publicist had called me and enthused about all the calls she was getting. People wanted to do interviews with me, and she was willing to schedule them since her contract with me didn't end until two months from now. I politely declined. I wasn't ready to openly talk about Maxim and I wasn't willing to badmouth her. She may have hurt me, but it wasn't intentional. She was just f-cking stupid.

The week after the 'breakup' was filled with lots of alcohol consumption. I ignored calls from my parents, my friends and anyone else in between. I didn't want to talk to anyone but my drug dealer, Jacob. He would come over and do house visits. Jacob would give me drugs or anything else I may need from a store since he was such a nice guy. If it wasn't for him constantly checking on me and asking me if I needed anything, then I probably would've lost it fully. I had already lost my mind partially, or at least part of me. Ever since I saw Maxim in bed with Gloria, I've felt as part of me was missing. I felt so empty and I really didn't care if I died or lived. It was genuinely depressing. So on the eighth day of not having any social interaction with anyone except for Jacob, I decided to invite my friends over. They were worried, extremely. They've came to my apartment multiple times just knocking on the door, only for me to ignore them.

When my friends came over, they brought tons of food for emotional support and movies that we could watch. From the way they looked at me, I could tell that they were still concerned about me. After a week of constant drinking and cocaine snorting, I already knew I looked far from a beauty queen. Thankfully, no one said anything about my appearance. They just gave me sincere smiles and asked me what movie I wanted to watch. I looked through all of the DVDs. "If I was you, I would pick Bridesmaids," Memphis said as she gave me a nod.

Denim instantly scoffed. "Did you just get dumped? I think not! Let her choose! She finally let us into her place and you're trying to get us kicked back out."

I laughed a little. The first time I had laughed at someone that wasn't on the television screen in days. "I wouldn't kick you guys out. I need you guys to help cheer me up," I said as I finally picked out a movie that I felt like watching. "Scary Movie 2," I announced which caused a groan from Memphis. She hated that movie, which is why I picked it. I enjoyed seeing my friends in pain. Hearing Memphis moan and complain about how stupid the movie was for the next hour or two was going to bring some happiness to my soul. "Cheer up, Memphis. It's like the best movie out of the whole franchise!"

"The new ones are sh-tty," Kahlo backed me up before stuffing her face with a handful of Cheetos. "The first one and this one are the funniest ones in my opinion. The rest are just stupid."