♛ 31

"Here it is! The fight that we've all been waiting for! We've waited months for this fight! We've watched plenty of fights tonight but this one is the most anticipated. The reigning champ, Ronda Russ, will be going against Maxim "Noxious" Nightingale. Isn't it amazing to be here to witness this, Dale?!"

"Jeff, I'm am honored to be sitting here beside you tonight. This is the most anticipated fight of my career. I've been announcing here for a decade and this was the most hyped up fight! All the seats are filled! Viewers are tuned in! People are placing their bets! It's chaotic!"

The announcers talking about how big this moment was made my stomach turn as I sat in my seat. Everyone in the crowd was cheering, ready for the fight to begin. Soon, Maxim would walk out to her opening song and then begin the fight with the champ. I was nervous for her. This moment was anticipated for months, but it all seemed so surreal now. Tonight, Maxim could become the title holder of the Bantamweight belt or she could go home empty-handed and broken.

She wanted nothing more than this. I wanted this for her. I wanted to see her running around the cage with a huge smile on her face. She deserved to smile after everything that's been happening. Gloria nor Ivo was here to cheer her on. It was just me and her parents. My friends were most likely glued to their seats and watching from home. I was glad that I was able to be here. I was able to be in Las Vegas rather than in Manhattan in a slightly depressing rehabilitation center.

Music began blaring out loudly and everyone began to scream a bit louder. I stood up to my feet and looked towards the big screen to see Maxim walking out with her corner. Usually, she was bubbly, smiling and happy, but she had a serious look on her face. She was determined. Her eyes didn't look anywhere but towards the octagon in which she would be fighting in. Once she got into the octagon, she stood there and looked ahead for her opponent.

Ronda Russ didn't come out any differently. She had that intense look on her face as she nearly jogged towards the ring. The belt was around her waist and Maxim had her eyes exactly on it. "Go get her, Maxie," I heard her mother yell beside me once the two shook each other's hands in the middle of the ring. A small giggle escaped my lips. It was cute that her mother called her that. I settled down a bit and took a deep breath. Maxim would be alright. She had this. She trained for months just for this fight.

The bell rang and the fight begun. The two danced around the octagon and waited for the other to make a move. Out of impatience, Ronda lunged towards Maxim and tried to hit her with a jab but Maxim quickly jumped out of the way. Her footwork was impressive and I could see how much she had improved over the weeks. She was much more bouncy and active. It looked like a good form but I hoped that it wouldn't tire her out.

Ronda threw a few more punches but they all didn't connect. It was obvious that she was getting annoyed by Maxim's constant moving. She pulled her hands towards her as if to ask Maxim to hit her. My girlfriend took the bait and clocked Ronda in the jaw with a jab. In return, she got a nasty looking hit to the eye. The crowd went wild but Maxim held her stance. She didn't stumble, she just shifted on her toes a little before throwing a kick towards Ronda's body. The kick didn't connect although, for the champ grabbed her leg and took Maxim down to the ground.

"This is exactly where Maxim Nightingale does not want to be, Jeff. It's a well-known fact that she fights better on her feet. Ronda is a beast on the canvas and on her toes. This is where Maxim's last couple months of training should come in. Let's see if she can get back on her feet."

Ronda and Maxim were both scrambling on the floor and I wasn't exactly sure what was going on. There was a lot of body tossing and turning. It wasn't until I heard the crowd screaming when I realized Ronda had Maxim in her famous arm bar. I looked towards the big screen to see it showing Maxim's face in utter pain. No, this couldn't be happening!