♛ 30

I giddily stood in the waiting room of Lakecrest Rehabilitation Center. The receptionist continuously asked me to take a seat in the politest manner that she could. It was probably annoying her that I wouldn't sit down. She was jittery with all the coffee she was drinking and I think I was only making her nerves worse. I didn't mean to be a nuisance but I just couldn't wait until I saw Lavender again.

It had been months since I've seen her last. She had me worried for a few. I thought she wouldn't make it to my fight, but here she was getting out a week before it. My support system was less than usual and I really needed her physically back in my life. Gloria was ignoring me and I hadn't seen Ivo since the last time I lashed out. It hurt that she kept him away from me. It hurt even more to think that maybe she kept him away from me because he no longer cared for me. I had literally put my hands on his mother so I guess I could understand.

My hand progressed slower than expected, but I used most of my time to work out my opposite arm, my legs and other muscles while I couldn't use it. After ten weeks, I was able to add my once injured hand in. At first, it still hurt but I fought through the pain. I was pretty sure Ronda Russ was in better condition than me. She didn't go through any hardships the past few months. All publicity for her was good. She was in the gym working hard while I was deemed in the media for being broken with a broken hand. It was pretty true, I guess.

I haven't exactly been myself lately. A little too depressed from not being able to see Ivo, but also Lavender. But now, at least one of them was coming back into my life. That caused me to smile and for once in quite a long time, I felt genuinely happy. I just hoped that it would last.

There was a sudden buzz and my head instantly snapped up from the floor. A barred gate opened and a stupid grin spread across my face. Lavender walked out with her things as a security guard escorted her. She looked way healthier. A few pounds were added and something in her eyes just seemed more natural. As soon as she saw me, she ran and gave me the tightest hug I've received in years. I chuckled as I held her as well.

"You look so beautiful," I told her as I pulled away slightly from the hug. I took my hand and tucked a few loose strands of her blonde hair behind her ear. In response, she leant in and captured my lips with hers. Damn, I've missed those lips of hers. I missed everything about her. It was almost surreal to be seeing her at the moment. I was sure that it would be longer until we could reunite again. My hands met her waist as I pulled her closer to me. Our lips moved together perfectly like a rhythm until she pulled away.

"I missed you so much," she told me breathlessly as she pulled me into yet another hug. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead lightly. "I promise I won't ever do drugs again, Maxim. I'm sober from everything, even alcohol. I don't need any of that. I'll be okay as long as I have you," she whispered to me as she continued to hold me. I rubbed her back softly and nodded my head to every word that came from her lips. I believed her and I was so f-cking proud of her.

After a while of just holding each other, we pulled apart. I grabbed Lavender's things and began leading her out into the parking lot. A huge smile crossed her face when she finally got to exit the front doors. "Freedom," I heard her say quietly. I chuckled. I'm sure rehab wasn't as worse as prison, but Lavender made it out to be. Every time she called she was complaining about the way the food tasted or how weird some of the people actually were. Even though, she told me a lot of negative things, she told me positive things as well. For instance, she told me about the troubled friends that she was able to meet and relate to.

"So, what do you want to do first on your first day out," I asked Lavender once we both got into my Range Rover. Today was my only free day. I'd have to do press conferences and interviews for the rest of the week, also I had to participate in the weigh in that everyone was anticipating. Today was the only day I could really spend time with Lavender, but at least I could spend time with her whenever I wanted after the fight.