♛ 21

Warning: may be triggers if you're trying to stay sober from a drug and also if you're easily depressed this may be a trigger so heads up

-

Before Maxim could say anything else, I raced out of the apartment door slamming it behind me. How could she f-cking do this to me? We weren't official, but I still felt cheated on. I felt as if we had something dear but I guess we didn't. She dodged my kiss, and went in there to f-ck her ex-fiancée. The one who she truly loved. The one who she thought was so f-cking beautiful. I was just a rebound. Maxim thought of me as just a fling, just like Gloria thought about the woman she was talking with as just a fling. I have to give her props. She played me. She played me so f-cking well. I've never felt genuine love towards anyone but her. It was always just lust and I used people as a need for sex, never love. But then Maxim came along, and made my whole process of thinking change. She made me want to have a true relationship and not just with anyone but with her. Only her. It has only been about her since she first laid eyes on me, but now she had done this. She took my heart and crushed it as if it was nothing. As if I was nothing. As if I was just a whore to help waste her time and to flaunt to the media.

Angrily, I rushed past the elevator and down the steps of the apartment. I didn't want Maxim catching up with me. Her face was just something I couldn't see right now. I'd lose it and break down. I didn't need that now. The only thing I needed right now was something that my body has been secretly craving for so long. Something that I had restricted myself from getting for the sake of Maxim. Drugs. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket as I rushed down the streets. Looking around, I sought out a quiet location. There was an alley way with limited light and it seemed to be vacant. I walked into the alleyway and shot a text to my drug dealer, telling him to bring anything that he knew could get me through a hard time. I sent him my location and he said he'd be over in five minutes, but I didn't know if I could wait that long. I was craving like never before. There was so much pain and I just needed for it to go away. I knew the drugs was the only way.

My dealer arrived with a beanie over his shaggy locks and a backpack on his back. "You're lucky I was in the neighborhood. What are you doing out here alone, Lavender? Do you need a ride home?" I crossed my arms and shook my head. "Come on. You've obviously had a tough night. You're crying. The least I can do is take you home and have you somewhere safe while you do this sh-t."

"Just give me something," I said as I pulled out my wallet. "It's not your job to worry about me. It's your job to get me high out of my mind." The man scratched his beard as he scoffed. Jacob was a bit too caring to be a drug dealer. If I wanted to get high and roam the streets of New York then that was my business. "I just need coke a lot of it. Give me about five grams that should last me for a while."

Jacob gave me a confused look as he slowly took off his backpack. "Are you sure about this, Lavender? You know that's going to run you four hundred right?" I pulled four crisp one hundred dollar bills out of my pocket. His mouth dropped a bit as he pulled out five small bags. "Please, just let me take you home. Someone will kill you out here if they know you have this much on you and take advantage of you once they see that you're high." I ignored Jacob and forced the money into his hands before taking the five small bags. I put four in my jacket pocket as I held the other one.

"Why should I care? Have nothing left. Now, if you can just leave me alone."

Jacob clenched his jaw and looked towards the distant busy street then back to me. "Just be safe. No more than a gram a day." After giving his piece of advice, Jacob slung his bag back around himself and walked towards the streets. I stared at the baggie and licked my lips. My phone began buzzing in my pocket and looked down at the caller ID. Maxim. F-ck her. Instead of answering, I blocked her from calling me and put the baggie in my pocket as I pressed onto the busy streets. There were a few nightclubs and bars around and I wouldn't mind getting my mind off of all things Maxim. She didn't deserve for me to give her any attention. She was a b-tch. A cold hearted b-tch who only gave a f-ck about herself.