♛ 18

"You're a bit earlier than I expected," Maxim said as she put the dish down in front of me. She also put a dish down beside me as well for herself. I looked down at the entrée and honestly it looked just as good as it smelled. I didn't take Maxim as the cooking type, but I guess I was wrong. She poured us two glasses of wine in elegant glasses, and then sat down beside me. "So, how did you like the roses and all of that? I thought it was pretty lame, but I consulted Gloria and she thought it'd be a good idea." I looked from my food and up to her face. She gave me a smile as she pointed towards the food. "Try it? I normally don't cook but I thought I'd try out cooking just for you."

"So you want me to be your test dummy? What if I drop dead," I questioned before giggling. "The roses were romantic and unexpected, but what even is this?" My eyes went back down to the questioning dish that Maxim had prepared.

Maxim chuckled and rolled her eyes at me playfully. "Okay, I'll try it first," she said as she picked up her fork. "And for your information, it's Chicken Marsala. My good friend, Google, helped me come up with a good yet easy recipe. I just followed the instructions. If it's not good then we can just call in Chinese food. Italian. Chinese. Same difference." I shook my head at her as she picked at the food with her fork. She was even skeptical to try her own food! "You know what? You're my guest. My date. You should try it first."

"Yeah, I'll try it but if I die then you have to give my parents a million dollars for emotional distress." Maxim chuckled but nodded her head as I picked up my fork. "What's in it," I asked her. She shrugged her shoulders. "What do you mean by you don't know!?"

"It's chicken cutlets, mushrooms and Marsala wine," Maxim clarified. It looked as if she was thinking very hard to remember what she had cooked. Even though Maxim was fearful to eat her own cooking and basically didn't know what she cooked, my mouth was watering from the smell of the cuisine. I had to try it. I grabbed the dinner knife and utilizing the fork with it, I cut off a small piece from the chicken breast. Maxim watched me intently, ready to see my reaction or if what she cooked was even edible. Slowly, I closed my eyes and put the small piece into my mouth. Instantly, my taste buds bolted and my eyes shot wide open. "Is it good," the fighter asked hopefully as she stared at me.

"This is truly the most delicious thing I've had in a while," I admitted as I went to cut myself an even larger piece. From the corner of my eye, I could see a smile spread across Maxim's face. "So, how was your first time cooking," I asked after swallowing my second bite. Glancing over at Maxim, I saw her also enjoying the exquisite meal. She could cook this dish for me anytime. I might actually need the website that she got the recipe from!

"Lavender, you have no idea how happy I am that this came out good," Maxim said as she shook her head in satisfaction. She took a sip of the red wine before continuing. I took a sip of mine as well, as I watched her continue. "At one point, I cut my fucking finger with a knife." Maxim gave me the middle finger and I gave her one back. "No! Look, I have a boo boo!" She pointed out with a frown. For a split second, she almost resembled Ivo. I guess it was true. When you spend so much time with someone, they start to look like you.

A bandage was wrapped around her middle finger securely, and I playfully rolled my eyes. I'm sure she just had a small, hardly visible cut under there. Either way, I took her hand and kissed the bandage lightly. "Did that make it better," I asked her before giving her a slight smirk.

"I have a boo boo on my vagina, too."

"Maxim!" I couldn't believe she said that. As I laughed out loud, Maxim was giving me a serious expression but I could tell that she was trying not to laugh as well. "You can't talk to me like that on the first date!"

"Why not?!"

"It's inappropriate!"

"How good you look is inappropriate," she said as she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively at me. A blush appeared upon my cheeks. I hated how she made me so easily flustered. Fuck her and that damn eyebrow. Instead of giving Maxim the satisfaction of a response, I delve back into the wonderful cuisine she had prepared.