♛ 25

After the fight and Maxim begging for me back, we both went back to Maxim's penthouse. Everyone wanted her to celebrate by going clubbing or attending a party, but she was beat. By the way she walked, I could tell she was sore and she needed some rest. For that reason, I didn't bother her so much. We didn't do anything sexual. We both took a shower and then laid in bed and cuddled. It was enough and honestly, I wasn't really aching for any sexual pleasure. I was just happy to finally be in Maxim's arms again, no matter how beat up she was. "My next fight is going to be the highlight of my career so I have to train extra hard," she told me after a long moment of quietness. My head was rested on her chest and I thought she had gone to sleep a long time ago, but I guess not. I felt her play with my blonde locks and a small smile stretched across my face.

"I can help you with your stamina," I purred a bit seductively as I drew circles over her heart with my fingertips. When I glanced up at her, she was smirking a little bit with her eyes half closed. "Get some rest, Maxim," I told her softly but she shook her head at me. "Why not," I asked as I sat up, ready to argue about how much rest she needed after such an intense fight.

"I just want to talk to you, baby girl," she responded quietly before giving me a gorgeous smile. I blushed slightly and returned my head to her comfy chest. "What have you been up to," she asked as she began playing with my hair again. I think we both knew what I had been up to lately. Drugs. I was actually tempted to go in my purse and do a line right at the moment, but I knew Maxim wasn't going to approve. The drugs were supposed to help me get over Maxim, but all I did was get addicted to them. I wasn't doing them to get over Maxim anymore, but I was doing it for the pure high and the enjoyment. I couldn't see myself stopping anytime soon so I couldn't let Maxim know that I was doing them. She'd freak out and give me a whole speech of how I was going to die or something. "You're clean, right," she asked me. How could she even ask me that with my appearance being so different from what it was months ago?

"Recently, I stopped about three weeks ago," I lied through my teeth. I had done two lines of cocaine right before the fight. Maxim seemed to believe me although and I was thankful. The last thing I needed was for her to be worrying about me. She had the fight to focus on, even if it was months away. "Lately, I've been working as an assistant for Olive Pendleton. That's whose coffee that I had fetched the other day when I saw you. I'm sorry for how rude I was to you, but you had to understand that you really hurt me, Maxim. When I saw you on top of Gloria, I just...I felt a variety of emotions. Anger. Sadness. Confusion. Betrayal. It all just weighed upon me."

Maxim sucked in her bottom lip as she continued to play with my hair. "Olive Pendleton is a real bitch." If only she knew. She didn't have to wait on her every need like I had to. Now that I was back with Maxim, I was pretty sure that I was fired. Olive probably didn't want to have anything to do with me and I was fine with that. It'd be more money out of my pocket, but at least I wouldn't have to deal with a daily pain in the ass. Never mind, I take that back. I had traded in Maxim for Olive. Now, Maxim Nightingale was my daily pain in the ass but at least she was tolerable and sexy as hell. "And I'm sorry for that night. It was so stupid of me. There's nothing I can say to justify my actions. It was f-cked up on both Gloria and I's part. You were taking care of our son and it was just disrespectful and stupid. But all that's behind us now. Gloria accepts that I'm with you and there's no hard feelings. Matter of fact, why don't we all hangout tomorrow. I can finally take Ivo to the zoo, along with Gloria and you, of course. Then afterwards, I can take you out for a nice dinner to show you just how sorry I am. What do you think about that, baby girl?"

A grin spread across my face. The zoo thing was a good idea. I hadn't gotten to verbally talk to Ivo for months. It'd be nice to hang out with him and possibly get to know Gloria more. The two of us could possibly become friends or something. As for the dinner, I loved that idea as well. Anything with food involved was a good idea to me, and Maxim accompanying me was just a plus. "That sounds amazing, Maxim."