♛ 16

It had been a week since Maxim and I had went over to my parents' house. Maxim had hooked me up with my very own publicist, who was really annoying. Over the week, I've only grew bigger and bigger in the media. Fashion Police talked about my style, sometimes good and other times bad, and I was all over TMZ. I couldn't go anywhere without getting a picture taken. My friends loved the attention, and joked about me going 'Hollywood'. How was I even going Hollywood and I wasn't even in California? Anyways, being the gossip of the whole world was truly tiring. Maxim was hitting the gym and preparing for her next fight which wasn't even happening until months from now. Sometimes she got a bit busy, so we weren't able to display our 'love' to the media every day. Even when we didn't see each other, she would always call me just to tell me a stupid joke or to make sure I was still holding up to my sober commitment.

Honestly, I hadn't touched a thing within a week. Not even alcohol. It oddly felt amazing to be sober. I felt more in control of my life and I didn't have to worry about doing anything stupid in front of Maxim. Lately, when we did see each other, I made sure I was dressed my best and I even tried my whole 'seduction' thing on her a few times. It never led to anything although, but a few giggles and failed advances. I wasn't sure of her and Gloria's status, but I hoped it was at its very worst I know that sounds horrible, but I just needed Maxim to get over her. I know it's hard for her since they were going to spend their lives together, but Gloria obviously didn't want Maxim, which was crazy if you asked me. Maxim was perfect. Okay, she wasn't perfect, but she was just my type. I liked how she could make me laugh, and beat the crap out of anybody that gave me any problems. She had the potential of being a girlfriend and a bodyguard all at the same time.

Anyways, today was Saturday, Maxim asked me to go out with her. I wasn't sure where we were going. She said it would be a surprise, but she told me to dress casually. I obeyed her request, and waited for 7 PM, the time in which she was going to pick me up. When I opened the door for her, she was dressed in her normal simple attire. "Well, it's good to see you survived without seeing me for two days straight," Maxim said before giving me an arrogant smirk. I pushed her shoulder and of course she didn't budge a bit. She chuckled at me and shook her head. "You really should come to the gym with me sometime," she had told me. Throughout the week, Maxim had invited me to the gym multiple times, in all, I declined. The only time I wanted to get sweaty and out of breath was during sex.

"Yeah, thanks but no thanks," I told her as I grabbed my keys off of the counter and walked out of my apartment. I made sure to lock my door before grabbing Maxim's hand. "So, where are we going, girlfriend," I asked as she pushed the down button by the elevator. She turned to look at me and raised up her eyebrow as one side of her mouth also rose. "Are you kidnapping me or something, Noxious?" The fighter chuckled as we stepped onto the elevator but she didn't say a word. "Do you want me to guess where we're going?" A shrug of the shoulders came from her and I huffed. "I've never been good at guessing."

"Take a shot at it, baby girl," Maxim told me nonchalantly as she stared at me.

I sighed and suddenly felt an odd pressure to guess where she was taking me right. Under her stare, I felt a bit sheepish and flustered. "Um, are we going roller skating or ice skating," I asked, my voice a bit shaky.

Maxim snorted as the elevator doors opened. I frowned. My guesses were pretty realistic if you ask me. "Picture me on skates, sweetheart. I'd bust my ass." A laugh escaped my mouth as I envisioned Maxim falling to the ground after trying to skate.

"Come on! You have to have balance and coordination, you're an MMA fighter," I pointed out as we walked out into the warm New York air. Maxim gripped my hand a bit tighter as we walked down the streets. Luckily, paparazzi weren't harboring outside of my apartment building. They probably had some other person to bother. Better them than me or Maxim.