♛ 13

"Why are you so weird," I asked Maxim as I watched her take a bite of her cheese pizza. She gave me a muddled look. "There's no meat on your pizza. Are you like a vegetarian or something? Is it apart of your health regimen not to eat meat?" Maxim chuckled at me. She was always laughing at something I said. I wanted to be annoyed with her, but her laugh was too cute. The high pitch-ness of it reminded me of a youthful child. "I'm serious. Ivo has his pizza decked out with all kinds of meat and I have pepperoni and bacon and then you're over there with a plain slice of pizza."

"I'm laughing because a vegetarian doesn't eat rennet cheese. This is most likely rennet cheese, meaning that it was made by the harm of a baby calf." I rolled my eyes at her. How did she know so much about what a vegetarian eats when she's not even one? My knowledge was very brief and according to the newfound information Maxim gave me, mostly false. "I could never be a vegetarian or vegan or whatever you want to throw at me. I love meat, but I like my pizza plain. I like the taste of the sauce on my tongue, the thick crust and the delicious cheese. That's why I'm eating a cheese pizza, Lavender."

"The way you defended yourself makes you just as much weird," I told her. Ivo giggled as he popped a sausage topping in his mouth. "How does it feel to have a weird momma, Ivo?"

"Bad," he said with a small laugh.

Maxim rolled her eyes at the both of us. "Keep calling me weird and you may never receive your first paycheck," she told me as she gave me a stern look. "And Ivo, if you keep taking Lavender's side then I'm going to take away all of your toys." Ivo pouted and crossed his arms.

"Don't worry, Ivo. I'll buy you new toys when your momma pays me," I told him before kissing his forehead. Maxim was sitting across from us while Ivo sat beside me. He had decided he wanted to sit beside me over Maxim. I could tell Maxim was a bit surprised by the action and so was I. Normally, I wasn't good with kids but Ivo was just so darn cute and he seemed to like me. A little boy with his mother and father walked past and Ivo stared at him weirdly.

"Whoa, I want a haircut like that," he told Maxim as he pointed towards the family.

"Don't point, buddy. And as if your mommy would let you get your hair cut like that. She hates undercuts. Plus, all the other celebrity kids have hairstyles like that. Don't you want to be cooler than them? I think we should shave your precious head bald." Ivo squealed and he grabbed his hair as he shook his head. "I think you can rock being bald, man. Just like your granddaddy!"

"Granddaddy's hair is ugly," Ivo protested as he kept his hands on his head. Maxim chuckled before shaking her head. "So, can I get one, please, momma? Mommy won't care, I promise. Please!" Maxim looked over towards me and I shrugged my shoulders. I definitely wasn't going to put my input in it. If I could, I wanted to be at least acquaintances with Gloria. I didn't need any enemies especially any so close to Maxim. "We'll talk about it," Maxim promised Ivo. "Why don't you go play," Maxim nodded her head over towards the play area of the pizza place. The little boy with the stylish haircut was playing as him and his parents awaited their food. Ivo wasted no time to run off. He sure wasn't a shy child.

"Now, I have to deal with another argument with Gloria," Maxim joked as she pulled out her phone. "If you ever want to stop hanging out then it's cool. We've been together all day so I understand. After this, I'm going to take Ivo to see my parents and then take him back home. I can get someone to pick you up and take you home if-"

"I'm not missing out on meeting your parents," I told Maxim with a soft smile. "I want to see the two people responsible for creating such a huge asshole."

"Whoa! Damn, you hurt my feelings," she said as she grabbed her chest. "I sure can't figure out how such a beautiful lady inside and out could be the mother to you. Your father must be hella ugly or something." I scoffed and threw the first thing I could find at Maxim and that was a half-eaten slice of pizza. "You didn't," Maxim said as she stared down at her white muscle tee. "The day I decided to wear white you do this," she grumbled.