♛ 15

I woke up on the floor of my apartment with an excruciating headache and tear-stained cheeks. The door of my apartment was wide open. What the hell happened last night? The last thing I remembered was sitting at the bar with Maxim. I sat up slowly and looked around my place. Luckily, nobody had ran in and took any of my stuff. Slowly, I got to my feet and placed my hand on my head. "F-ck," I groaned as I closed the door lightly. I must've had too much to drink last night. Maxim probably dropped me off and trusted me enough to go up to my apartment alone. Fumbling through the medicine counter, I grabbed two pain pills from a bottle and popped them into my mouth. I decided to call Maxim to ask her just how crazy I got last night.

After finding her name in my contacts, I hit the call button. The phone rang and rang. I started to hang up but then I heard a voice on the other end. "What do you want," she asked a bit rudely.

"I have a hangover from Hell. I woke up on the floor of my apartment. The door was wide open. For some odd reason, I was crying last night. The worst part is that it's like 2 PM and I feel like sh-t and you know, we promised my mother that we'd attend her group Bible Study tonight." Maxim sighed over the other end of the phone and remained quiet, so I continued talking. "Did I do something last night? Something stupid? I'm sorry if I did. When I'm drunk, I get a little too crazy." Maxim kept up her quiet demeanor. I remained quiet too as I waited for her to say something. After a few minutes of quietness, I finally said something again. "Maxim, if you don't want to talk to me then you can just hang up."

"Look, Lavender, last night, you really pulled some crazy and stupid sh-t. First off, you got drunk as f-ck and went to the bathroom. You stayed in there for what seemed like forever and then came back. Long story short, you gave a guy a handjob in the bathroom and forty Beyoncé bucks for a gram of cocaine. He started trouble and I had to pay him off. That's when I took you home. Maybe I should've walked you up, but I was just so angry with you. You confessed that you had feelings for me but, I'm sure it was just you being drunk. If you want to continue talking with me or hanging out with me outside of professional purposes then you really need to get your sh-t together. I'll let it slide, but only because you just reminded me that I'm supposed to go over to your parents' house today." F-ck. I gave a guy a handjob for coke? I must've been hell of drunk.

"I'm truly sorry, Maxim. I feel so stupid right now. I promise that I wouldn't have done that if I was sober. I value myself more than that. I just hope you can forgive me. Your career could've been hindered because of my stupidity, I understand." I ran my fingers through my hair and shook my head at myself. I really needed to get my sh-t together. This drinking thing was getting out of hand. I'm pretty sure I couldn't stop drinking completely, but I needed to tone down on drinking so much. What made things worse is that I spilled the beans about my feelings for Maxim. Now things were going to be even more awkward. She probably thought I was crazy. I ruined the small chance I had of being with her. "I'm so f-cked up," I said more to myself than Maxim.

"You are, but you can change. I can help you change, Lavender. You don't need drugs to make you happy. All you need is your friends and me."

"You?"

"Yeah, I'll be there for you if you need me. I care about you, Lavender."

I bit my lip before smiling a little bit. Maxim truly cared about me? Maybe I still had a small chance. "Well, I better get myself straightened out for tonight. I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, I'll come pick you up."

After hanging up the phone, I took a long shower to rid me of all the disgust of last night. I still couldn't wrap around my head that I stooped so low for a baggie of cocaine. Sure, I was drunk but even in my most bewildered state I had more sense than that. It was probably the stress of my feelings for Maxim. Having feelings for her made me feel f-cking crazy. I barely knew her, but I wanted to be with her romantically. I had never wanted to be with anyone romantically. Then here comes talkative Maxim Nightingale with her f-cked up eyebrow and haircut. It was unbelievable. Once, I brushed my teeth and got dressed, I decided to go over Kahlo's house to tell her everything from last night. When I got there, Denim and Memphis were also present. "Yeah, I saw you on TMZ with Maxim yesterday. Out there holding hands at a park and making out with each other. That ass grab seemed pretty hot," Denim had said once I had sat down on the couch beside him.