♛ 17

Maxim scheduled our date in two days since she needed time to think of something 'spectacular.' She really didn't need to do much. I was the one who needed to prove myself to her. Maxim already had me. I just needed her to fall for me. Even though I wasn't sure where the hell we were going or what to wear, I called my friends over the day of the date. I spent the whole day before stressing over where she was taking me, and whether or not she was still taking me on a date. She hadn't texted me or called me at all yesterday, but today I woke up to a 'good morning' text so I assumed everything was still in motion. Denim ransacked my closet as Kahlo played with the tunes on the stereo. Memphis was doing what she did best, smoking weed. The fragrance was tempting, but I didn't act on my temptation. "So, where is she taking you," Denim asked as he pulled out a dress that was hanging on a rack. "This is hideous," he said before throwing it in the trash.

I hit his shoulder harshly. "You f-cker, did you know how much that cost me!?" Reaching in the trash, I pulled out the dress and began straightening it out. "And I already told you, she's surprising me tonight. I don't know where the hell we're going. So, I was thinking I'd go with something casual but also a bit dressy."

"You paid for that," Denim asked, still on the topic of my 'hideous' dress. "Honey, that dress is a big fashion disaster. If you wear that anywhere, Fashion Police is going to be on your ass. Joan Rivers herself is going to rise up out of the grave to roast your white ass. An orange dress?! Really!? I know they say orange is the new black, but not in this case, honey. Throw that sh-t in the garbage where it belongs."

I huffed as I stared at the orange dress. It looked perfectly fine to me. I turned to Memphis to get her opinion. "Memphis, isn't this dress sexy?"

Memphis lit her third blunt as she looked up to stare at the dress. "It looks like Nickelodeon puked on it. If you're trying to attract her son then I think that's an excellent pick." I rolled my eyes at her and she shrugged. She could at least acted like she liked it.

"Well, I don't care what any of you say. I'm keeping it," I said as I put the dress back into my closet. I didn't even bother to get Kahlo's opinion, I knew she would do nothing but belittle my fashion sense just like the other two. "Just pick me out something, Denim. I know I sound desperate but I really want her to like me. She's used to Gloria who is absolutely gorgeous and glamorous. I have to step my game up."

"Don't stress it, Lavender. You're just as beautiful as Gloria. I mean, sure she may have more curves, bigger tits, longer hair, Maxim's heart and an adorable son but she still doesn't have sh-t on you," Kahlo said. How the hell was that going to help me? How did she not have sh-t on me when she had all of those things? "Okay, maybe that wasn't the best advice and maybe I contradicted myself, but don't worry. You're pretty and Maxim wouldn't have made you her fake girlfriend if she didn't think you were an upgrade in at least looks from Gloria." I guess she had a point. Why would Maxim downgrade for the media? In my eyes, I felt like Gloria looked better than me, but maybe in Maxim's eyes it was opposite.

"Okay, so we need something casual but can still pass for something a bit formal." Denim stepped back and stared at my closet. He looked as if he was doing math as he tried to calculate what I should wear. "Casual, but formal," he said to himself as he put his hands on his hips. I sighed in frustration as I took a seat on my bed beside Memphis.

"Maybe I should put this out before you get tempted," Memphis said as I eyed the rolled paper that was in her hand. She walked out of my room and Kahlo shook her head as she sat down beside me.

"What time is she coming to get you," Kahlo asked to get my mind off how bad I wanted to f-cking smoke. I shrugged my shoulders. Maxim could come and pick me up right now and I would be surprised. She hadn't given me any details on our date. "Spontaneous. She could pop up anytime, I like that." Kahlo nudged me with her elbow and gave me a wink which made me smile.