36: this looks really familiar

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wherever you go, the spotlight is on you 

I'm so jealous, I can't help it, I need to approach you... "

- Cereal by Crush

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ara's POV

"I'm hungry," Dohwa exclaimed, making me laugh out of nowhere.

It's been 30 minutes since Dohwa and I bought our manhwas at the bookstore and went to three different clothing stores for Namju's shopping. My cousin got Dohwa a new sweater while he got Kyung new rubber shoes for his tennis training but he hasn't told us that he bought them something. I also didn't need him to tell me since I could tell by how he talked to the salesperson.

"Ah, yes, I'd like it in this size," Namju told the sweater store salesperson while trying to discreetly look back and forth at Dohwa and the sweater in his hand.

"Do you have this in dark blue or red?" Namju asked the salesperson at the shoe store when Kyung wasn't near him. "My friend would like it better if it's in a darker color. Thanks."

"You're not the only one," Kyung joined in as he glared at Namju who just gave his friend another shopping bag to hold (this time it was Namju's gift for himself).

Then I spoke up, "Nam, how about we grab something to eat before we continue shopping?"

My cousin looked at me and our two friends before saying, "Alright. I've already got a reservation at the Gyul Restaurant for dinner."

Then we all left the store and headed over to the restaurant Namju mentioned about. I was literally in awe as we entered the place. I've never seen such an elegant and sophisticated restaurant in my life. I've seen some in K-Dramas, but seeing one in person makes me want to leave and never come back.

"I'm still getting used to this," I muttered under my breath as Namju spoke to one of the workers.

Then Dohwa whispered, "We're underdressed."

I bit my bottom lip at what he said and once the worker left, I whispered to my cousin, "Um, Namju, are you sure we can eat here? We're dressed too casually and I'm wearing flip-flops for crying out loud."

Namju gave me a weird look before saying, "Of course, we can eat here, Ara. This is after all one of your mother's restaurants."

My eyes went wide at what he said. "Wh-what?"

Does my late mother really own this restaurant?!

Then Kyung spoke up, "She still doesn't remember, Namju. Didn't you tell her about her mother before?"

Namju chuckled nervously and said, "I might have skipped that part," then he looked at me and added, "Sorry, cuz."

"Uh, that's okay, Nam," I replied with a forced laugh but Dohwa noticed my discomfort and gave me a small smile to help me out.

Then the worker came back and escorted us to our table. We walked through some tables and I suddenly felt conscious of my appearance. This is one of my late mother's restaurants... What would the staff and other customers say after seeing me walk in here with such a casual outfit?