1: no memories

Oh Namju looks at me and smiles. "You're looking better," he tells me in a joking tone while putting away his umbrella.

I glared at my cousin and replied back, "Shouldn't you be in school today?"

The 18-year-old chuckles and nods his head. "I'll be leaving in a few minutes. I just wanted to see you for a bit."

It's been two weeks since I've woken up from a two-month coma and I've learned that I'm the daughter of a well-known man whose brother is the CEO of a fashion business. So, technically, I come from a rich family and my dearest cousin, the CEO's youngest son, has been acting like a brother to me and can be quite overprotective... especially when a male nurse would come to tend my needs.

"Namju, what's your school like?" I asked out of nowhere, suddenly gaining a little curiosity about Seulli High School. 

Namju who was pouring himself a glass of water looked at me with a surprised look. "Um... Well, it's just like any high school," he answers, a little bit unsure of himself. "Boring classes, boring teachers, the usual..."

I laughed at him and sighed. "Do you think your mother will make me go to school after my recovery?"

"Ara... You're actually enrolled..." Namju exclaims out of nowhere. 

My eyes went wide at this new info. "Wait... Auntie, enrolled me in your school without my permission?" I asked in disbelief.

"She was going to tell you..." Namju said in defeat.

I mentally groaned and looked out of the window. "I've only got a few more days left in the hospital," I spoke up, changing the darn topic.

I could tell that my cousin was smiling at my words. "Don't worry about school, Ara. You'll do great," Namju tells me before taking a sip from his glass of water. "You'll do great."

My name is Oh Ara. I'm 18 years old and the cousin of Oh Namju. I was in a car accident two months and two weeks ago. My parents were with me that day, but unfortunately, they didn't survive it. I have retrograde amnesia. I don't remember who I am or who my parents are, but thanks to my relatives, especially to Namju, I'm slowly learning about the needed details of my life so far...

But why does it feel like, this reality isn't... real?

Am I really Oh Ara?

published: 12 - 21 - 19

edited: 12 - 31 - 19