5: jinmichae

Dohwa and I walked inside the cafeteria and just like every single day since I became a student here, everyone inside the room went quiet and all their eyes are now stuck on me and A3's member.

Since my first day in school, the students of Seulli were surprised to see me... alive and breathing. At first, I thought that they all didn't know who I was, but after having to go through photo requests or signing people's phone cases with my name on it, I've come to realize that I'm just as popular as my cousin and the rest of A3.

"What do you think the school's kitchen cooked for today's lunch?" Dohwa asked as we lined up and got our food trays.

I looked away from him and over at the kitchen where the staff is at. I quickly saw the good candidate for my cousin's group that every girl students are 'head-over-heels' for (whose name is Jimmichae) and looked back at my friend.

"Well, I bet that there'll be some dried squids today," I answered, confidently with a grin.

Then Dohwa chuckles and teases me, "So, we're betting on the food now?"

I playfully rolled my eyes at him and stuck my tongue out, earning myself another chuckle from Dohwa.

When it was finally our turn to get our food, I smiled in victory when I saw the side-dishes in front of us. "How'd you know that there'd be dried squids?" Dohwa asked me in amazement when we got everything we wanted to eat and started to walk to an empty table.

I softly laughed at his question before placing my food tray on the empty table. "I just saw the person who makes that kind of side-dish earlier," I replied back as I looked behind me.

I suddenly saw Jimmichae staring at me with a sad look on his face. I was taken back by his expression, but before I could say something about it, the blonde cook turned away and went inside the kitchen.

"Ara, are you okay?" Dohwa asked softly, making me turn away and look back at my friend.

"Uh, y-yeah, I'm okay," I answered as I took my seat quietly and looked at my food while I took a spoonful of my curry.

Why was Jimmichae looking at me like that?

published: 12 - 31 - 19

edited: 12 - 31 - 19