38: some things never change

------------------------------------------------------------

"A bright light comes through the holes,
And I found you through one of the holes,
You are standing in front of me with that smile,
And there are shining lights behind you..."

- the lights behind you by surl

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ara's POV

Once the stage ended between me and Namju, I noticed that the time went back to how it was before. Did the others notice it? Or was it just for mine and Namju's Stage? I'm about to lose my mind over what just happened and I don't know if I should first go to Jinmi and ask him about this or head on over to Danoh and Dohwa who should be heading over to the Snack Bar with Haru. 

"Seol, are you okay?" Joon's voice called out from behind me.

"ORABEONI!" I exclaimed out loud,  relieved to see him.

Maybe I should tell him about what just happened!

My older brother gave me a funny look but changed it to a smile. "Hey. Miss me already?" He joked, making me raise an eyebrow at him.

"Ha. Ha. I saw you earlier this morning," I simply answered.

Then he faked a laugh and changed the topic by asking, "What are you doing out in the hallway? You look kind of lost." 

I furrowed my eyebrows and said, my voice trailing at the end, "Oh, uh, I'm not sure how to say it..." 

"Did something happen, Seol? What's wrong?" Joon worriedly asked.

"I had a stage with Namju earlier," I started while thinking of the right words.

Joon nodded his head. "I remember hearing the pages being flipped when I left the kitchen. But okay, continue."

"Well, I think I changed it."

"...You mean you took over your stage self?"

"Yes."

"Okay, but what's the difference?"

I bit my bottom lip and sighed. "I don't know what went wrong but after the stage ended, I had gone to the library to kill some time..." 

I stopped in between and decided not to tell my brother about my past self's memories, Joon's already worried as it is.

"...then I decided to text Juda about the summer trip and after talking with her, I sent some screenshots of the text messages to Namju. Then that's when it happened."

Joon gave me a gentle look and said, "Go on, Seol. You can tell me."

"The stage from earlier this morning happened again. But this time... It was like a continuation? Namju also knows about the screenshots I sent to him during the Shadow. At first, I thought he must have been aware, but it didn't look like it."

My older stayed quiet for a couple of minutes before telling me.

"Namju must have been in a stage when you sent him those screenshots. That's the only logical explanation I can think of."

I mentally groaned as I felt my head slightly aching.

"This whole thing is confusing," I spoke up honestly, earning a soft chuckle from Joon.