17: our little moments, our new memories

I was about to call out to my short friend, but Danoh started running after the stage ended. I groaned in irritation and followed right after her, but I tripped and fell on my knees. Then just when I was about to stand back up, I felt a sharp pain in both of my lungs and my breathing cutting short. I gasped for air, but nothing happened, only more pain from my lungs. I started to hit my chest repeatedly while wondering what had gone wrong. Then it hit me.

I freaking have asthma.

"ARA! ARA!" Dohwa calls out.

I looked up with tears in my eyes and saw my friend running towards me. "Do... Do... Dohwa... He... Help... Me..." I gasped out while breathing in through my nose and mouth.

Then the tall boy kneels down in front of me and places his hands on both of my shoulders. "Where's your inhaler, Ara? Where did you put it?" He quickly asked while looking at me in worry.

"I... I don't... know..." I replied back, my tears falling down to my cheeks.

"Dohwa? What's going on- ARA!" Namju ran to my side right away, Juda standing right behind him with a shocked face. "Ara, did you bring your inhaler to school?" My cousin asked as Dohwa tries to help me breathe in and out.

I shook my head and Namju sighs in frustration. Then he looks at Juda and asked, "Do you think you can run to my locker and get my bag?"

Juda squeaks a quick 'yes' and Namju gives her the key to his locker. Then the female heroine ran back inside the school building and the two male leads looked back at me with worried faces.

"Just breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth," Dohwa softly tells me while rubbing my shoulders.

Then in the next 5 seconds, Juda came back with Namju's bag and my cousin took an old-looking inhaler from the side of it. "Here, quickly," Namju orders while handing me the inhaler. I hurriedly took it and placed it in between my lips. Then I pressed on it and took a deep breath. This continued for 3 more times until the pain from my lungs subdued and my vision becoming clear. Then I felt a little jelly and fell into my cousin's side, who protectively wrapped his arms around me. 

"Do you want to go to the clinic?" Namju whispered as I calmed down a bit.

Then I nodded my head, too tired to speak. "Okay," He whispered again. Then he looks over at Dohwa, who nodded his head and Namju looks back at me. "Dohwa will bring you to the clinic. Is that alright, Ara?"

"Mhmm..." I replied back with a short nod. 

Then Namju helps me up and Dohwa places his arm around my waist. I placed my right arm over his shoulder which didn't surprise me. Yes, of course, I can reach his shoulder, I'm not short...

"I'll be there in a few minutes, okay? I just need to call mom and tell her what happened," Namju tells me before Dohwa and I started walking to the clinic.