chapter 23

Chapter 23:

Damien pov:

My phone rang in my pocket startling me as I was heading to my car with the guys.

I pulled it out to see Melina's name. I looked at Xavier with a question look.

"Where is Melina?!" I asked him.

"She went back to Patrick's house, she said something about checking on Alice and Eva." Xavier said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Why? is something the matter?!"

"She was calling me but end it."

"Huh? Why would she call you and not her mate?" Asked Ashton with a smirk that get me and Xavier to roll our eyes, as Erik hit him on the back of his head while mumbling something about how he will never get a mate if he kept acting immature, that gave him a glare in response which get me and Xavier to chuckles at their antics.

Then I noticed that Maxell isn't with us.

"Where is Maxell?!"

"Um- he is busy." Xavier said vaguely which earned him a lifted eye brow from me and a confused look from Erik and Ash.

"Busy? Busy doing what exactly?!" I asked.

"Uh- you see we encountered some strange event today that get us suspicious about something, and so Max is investigating about it," Xavier said with a thoughtful look on his face.

"Suspicious matter? And you didn't feel the need of sharing it with me?" I asked Xavier with a deadpaned look.

"Well until we are sure of it no I don't think you need to know. You already have your plate full," He said while he patted me on the back.

"Well if you think it is the best," I said as I trust his judgement.

"Well now back to your mate.."

"She is calling,"

"Hi, yes honey he is beside me," Xavier said as he looked at me and wait a little more listening to his mate taking his ear off with her rambles. I saw him frown at something and his fist clenched in anger.

"Yeah, I will tell him," He said as he looked at me.

I lifted my right eyebrow at him.

It's look like I am the main part in the conversation.

I looked at Erickson and Ashton to see that they are confused just like me.

"Yes honey, bye."

We saw him sigh as he ruffled his hair, angry at something that yet to be known.

"What did the floor ever done to you? Isn't enough that you are walking on it to glare at her now! Such ungrateful brat," Ashton said in a serious tone as Xavier looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"Shut it Ashlam," Xavier said with a half forced smile as Ashton eyes winded.

"You did not just call me that!" He pointed an accusing finger with a glare on, as he yelled a war cry and jumped at Xavier and now they are on the floor fighting.

"Shouldn't we stop them?" Asked Erick with little to no care at all as he looked board at the repeated episode of our life.

"Well maybe we should as they are getting themselves an audience," I said as I pointed my head to the left.

"Nah, let's go and leave them alone." Answered Erick.

I smirked his way "Well that can be easily arranged."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xavier pov: