Chapter Ten

T.K. walks back into the waiting room to wait for Avery after her therapy appointment. After 15 minutes of waiting, he walks up to the desk.

'Hi, erm, my sister had an appointment. I told her I'd pick her up - her session should have finished by now. Do you know how long she'll be?' T.K. asks her.

'What's your sister's name?' The receptionist asks.

'Avery Kate Strand.' T.K. responds. The receptionist types Avery's name into her computer and after a couple of minutes looks back up at T.K..

'She isn't here.' The receptionst shakes her head.

'What do you mean she isn't here?!' T.K. exclaims.

'Her therapist was running late so we gave Avery the option to either wait or reschedule.' The receptionist informs him. That was probably around an hour and a half ago.

'Right, thanks.' T.K. sighs and the recepitonist smiles and nods. As he's walking out of the office, he gets his phone out and calls Avery. It goes straight to voicemail. 'Avery, when you get this, call me back, please.' He leaves a mesage. He hangs up and calls Owen.

'T.K., how did Avery do?' Owen asks as soon as he answers.

'Avery convinced me to leave her alone.' T.K. says. 'She left.'

'What?' Owen asks confused.

'I'm on my way to the station, I'll explain when I get there. I'm gonna text Carlos, see if he can drive around looking for her.' T.K. says before quickly hanging up. He goes to text Carlos but then he realises something. He goes into his contacts but instead of texting Carlos, he texts someone else.

To: Chimney (118 - LA)

Hey, sorry to bother you. Avery has gone missing. It's been a tough few days and I think she might be making her way to LA. Can you keep your eye out for her? 

In L.A. Chimney is sat at the table with everyone when he gets the message from T.K. Eddie notices that his eyebrows are furrowed.

'You okay, Chim?' Eddie asks. Everyone turns their attention to Chimney.

'Erm- kinda.' Chimney nods. 'You remember Avery?' Everyone nods. 'It's been a tough few days for her and has gone missing. Her brother thinks she might be coming here.' 

'I'll text Athena, see if she can keep an eye out for her.' Bobby states.

.

Back in Austin, Avery has packed an overnight bag with some spare clothes, pyjamas, food and drink, her wallet, passport, fake ID and a good few books alongside her IPad, a burner phone and chargers. She is sat at the bus station reading. 

All passengers for the 3pm Greyhound to Dallas, please make your way to stop 5A

Avery puts her book in her bag, stands up and walks to the stop. 

'Ticket?' The driver asks when she's about to board. Avery shows him her ticket. He looks at the ticket and then back at Avery. 'I'm also going to need to see some ID. You need to be over 18 to travel this distance and you look a little young.' The driver states, seeing that she'll be changing at Dallas to go on to L.A. Avery takes her fake ID out of her bag and shows it to him. 

'Thank you.' The driver nods, handing her ticker back and motioning for her to sit. She finds her seat and once she's settled, she disables the GPS on her phone, IPad and Apple Watch.

.

A few hours later, everyone from the 126 and Carlos are gathered at Owen + T.K's.

'We've searched everywhere she might be.' Owen tells them. 'No luck.'