Chapter Forty-Six

It's been a few days, Owen walks upstairs to Avery's room to find her lying on the floor staring at the ceiling. Her phone is beside her playing Illicit Affairs by Taylor Swift.

'Ave, you okay?' He asks, slightly concerned.

'Nope.' She replies, popping the "p". 'Miss Swift is out to get me.' Owen chuckles and shakes his head. 'You don't get it.' Avery bolts upright and looks at him. 'She re-released 1989 not that long ago. So, it's now 1989 Taylor's Version. There's a song from the vault called Is It Over Now? I've had it on repeat, it's my favourite vault song. Anyways, it's the sister song of Out of the Woods which is another one of my fave Taylor songs.'

'Ave, you're rambling.' Owen laughs slightly.

'Right,' Avery sighs, 'anyways, she sang those two songs as a mashup for one of her surprise songs. THEN, she gets to the piano song. No little intro for that one which is kinda normal now. She does Endgame. From Reputation. Which is in my top three Taylor albums. And I wasn't there.' She falls back down onto her back, throwing her arms up. 'Unbelievable.'

'You really wanna go see her don't you?' Owen questions.

'Yeah.' Avery nods, sitting up once more as Owen sits on the edge of her bed, facing her. 'Her music has helped me. A lot. One of my main focuses in therapy was the shooting and I've finally come to terms with what happened. I'm not going to let it ruin concerts for me. If I ever get to go to another concert I'll just need time to prepare.' She adds. 'Jason and I tried to get tickets, but we had no luck which fucking sucks.'

'Well, I spoke to Sharon when I first heard the music earlier.' Owen starts. 'I know you've mentioned wanting to go see her before and I wanted to talk to her and see if we can figure something else.'

'Right.' Avery says, slowly.

'Sharon initially wanted to wait but I suggested we tell you now.' Owen carries on. 'She managed to three tickets so she could take you and Jason.' He finishes with a smile.

'What?!' Avery exclaims, scrambling to her feet. 'Are you serious?'

'You can call her and ask her yourself.' Owen raises an eyebrow. Avery picks her phone up from the floor, brings Sharon's number up and calls her. After a few rings, Sharon answers.

'Hey, Sweetie.'

'Is it true?' Avery asks, jumping up and down. 'You got tickets to the Eras tour?'

'I did.' Sharon laughs.

'Thank you, thank you, thank you!' Avery squeals. 'Does Jase know?'

'He does.' Sharon replies. 'I told him after I got the tickets and asked him to keep quiet.'

'I'm going to murder your son, you know that, right?' Avery raises an eyebrow.

'I wouldn't expect anything less.' Sharon laughs. 'Anyways, what are you doing today?'

'Mope around because Taylor Swift did one of the best, if not the best, surprise songs combo and I wasn't there.' Avery huffs earning a chuckle from Sharon.

'Well, get ready and I'll come pick you up. We'll go for lunch, and do some shopping.' Sharon informs her.

'Just like old times.' Avery smiles slightly.

'Just like old times.' Sharon repeats. 'I'll be there in about an hour.'

'KK. See you soon.' They both say goodbye before hanging up. 'Sharon is going to take me out for the day.'

'Yeah, she asked me if it was okay first.' Owen nods. 'I'll leave you to get ready. I'll let Marcy know that you'll be going out but she doesn't need to go with you.' He stands up and walks out of the room, closing the door behind him.