Chapter Eleven

Twenty minutes later, Jason is pulling up in front of the police station. He quickly pays for a ticket to park before walking in and to the front desk. The desk sergeant looks up at him.

'Hi, my name's Jason Anderson. I have some information on the whereabouts of Avery Strand.' Jason tells the sergeant. The desk sergeant takes Jason through to where Owen, T.K. and Athena are. They are in a room with a map on the wall, trying to figure out where Avery may be. All three look at him and the desk sergeant leaves.

'Jason?' Owen asks confused, knowing Jason from when Avery has been on facetime with him.

'I know where Avery is.' Jason states. 'Well, was.'

'What do you mean "was"?' T.K. questions.

'She was staying with me. She made me promise not to tell anyone since she's here to try and get rid of some of the guilt she's been feeling.'

'Guilt?' Owen furrows his eyebrows.

'Over how she's treated you.' Jason clarifies. 'Anyway, she mentioned she needed to fight some demons but when I saw the breaking news alert about her, I told her to do that today and then we'd call to let yous know that she's safe.' He continues. 'That was at 9am this morning. She said she'd be back by 5pm but she wasn't. She didn't take a coat or anything with her. She left her phone and burner phone in my room.'

'So, if she's out there and hasn't got shelter or drink, she's going to start getting hypothermic and/or dehydrated.' T.K. rubs his forehead. 'How did she seem?'

'She seemed fine this morning,' Jason replies, 'but she's amazing at masking. She could be in any state of mind right now.'

'Do you have any idea of where she could be?' Athena asks.

'Have you tried bookstores and libraries?' Jason questions. 'She's always joking that books are her therapy.'

'First places we checked.' T.K. nods.

'We gave her photo to each security team, they'll let us know if they spot her.' Athena adds.

'What about her old house? I know it's still on the market - she could have found a way in?' Jason suggests.

'We checked there too. We have unis parked outside just in case she turns up.' Athena says. Jason puts his hand on his head for a second before dropping it.

'I can't think of anywhere else she might have gone.' He shakes his head. 'I'll text all of our friends, see if they've seen or heard from her.'

'I appreciate it.' Owen nods.

'I'm sorry,' Jason apologises, 'for not coming to you sooner. If I had, we wouldn't be here right now.'

'It's okay.' Owen reassures him.

'Avery can be very persuasive when she wants to be, and stubborn, and determined.' T.K. chips in.

'Don't I know it.' Jason sighs and laughs.

.

A few days have past. There has been no sign of Avery. A search party has been put together to search for her in the more woodland areas of L.A. Jason, Owen, T.K., Athena and Chimney are at the police station getting ready to head out. Chimney has his 118 windbreaker on.

'Before we head out there and I give the greenlight for the search party to head out, could she have made her back to Austin by herself?' Athena asks Owen and T.K.

'Her best friend and my boyfriend have been staying in our house in case she turns up.' T.K responds. 'We checked in with this them this morning and she hasn't turned up there.'