bonus content - deleted scenes, averys dark humor edition

So since I haven't updated in a while (a new chapter is coming very soon!), I thought I'd share some deleted scenes with Avery's dark humor! These are scenes I wanted to include earlier but then completely forgot about them, typical of me really. So here we go!

1
Avery, Megan and Jason are sitting around Jason's dining table, eating. Avery, as usual, has a smaller portion of food. His mom, Sharon, is out for the evening so they have the house to themselves. They've been sitting in silence for the past few moments.

'Ooo.' Avery speaks up suddenly causing Megan and Jason to look up at her. 'I have a new joke. Do you guys want to hear it?'

'Is it about death?' Jason asks.

'No.' Avery shakes her head.

'Injuring yourself?'

'No.'

'One of the many traumatic things you've been through?'

'No.'

'Then go ahead.' Jason eventually says.

'They say you are what you eat.' Avery begins.

'Oh no.' Jason puts his head in his head, regretting telling Avery to go ahead with the joke.

'What?' Megan asks confused.

'Just wait.' Jason explains, lifting his head. 'Carry on.' He motions at Avery.

'They say you are what you eat.' Avery repeats. 'Which explains why I'm not enough.' She smiles proudly at the joke. Jason sighs and bangs his head on the table while Megan is speechless. 'What? It's funny.'

'Ave, babes, no.' Jason shakes his head. 'Just no.'

'It's not the worst dark joke I've made.' Avery justifies. 'It's not even up there with the worst dark jokes I've made.'

'I do have to admit it is pretty tame to what you usually say.' Megan says.

'Thank you.' Avery nods at Megan and then turns to Jason. 'See.'

'Don't encourage her.' Jason shakes his head, laughing.
~~~~~~~
2

Jason, Avery, and Megan are about to cross a road. Avery goes to step into the road but Jason pulls her back.

'Geez, Ave! You're gonna give me a heart attack one of these days!' Jason sighs. 'Do you want to get hit by a car?' He asks.

'Can I?!' Avery's eyes widen. 'It sounds fun.' Jason just shakes his head.

'Erm...' Megan laughs nervously, not knowing what to say.

'What if I just go yeet,' she pretends to throw herself forward but Jason stops her by gently grabbing her upper arm and pulling her away from the road, 'you're no fun.' She pouts at him. 'Ooo I know what we could do.' Her eyes widen again.

'No.' Jason simply states.

'You don't even know what I was going to suggest.' Avery frowns.

'Throw ourselves off a building? Throw ourselves off the bridge around the corner?' Jason raises an eyebrow. 'I know you, Ave. We are doing none of those things. You and your dark humor. Once you start it's sometimes hard to get you to stop.'

'Hey, I'm fucked up,' she points to her head, 'you know this. At least I'm not actually gonna do those things.'

'I thought the dark humor you've made with me was bad.' Megan laughs.

'Oh, believe me, I've heard it all.' Jason sighs.

'Okay, my dark humor isn't that bad.' Avery states.

'You were nearly sectioned back in L.A. because of it.' Jason says. 'Your humor isn't just dark. It's abyss level dark. Like dark, dark, dark.'

'Okay, okay, I get it.' Avery laughs, putting her hands up in surrender.

~~~~~

Let me know what other bonus content you want to see!