Chapter Fourteen

Avery is in her room getting changed into her pyjamas. Once she's changed, she sits on her bed and takes her hair down and puts it back up into a messy bun to sleep in. She looks at her phone and sees a message from Jason.

From: Jase

I hope you've eaten xx

Avery bites her lip and thinks before sending her reply.

To: Jase

I tried but I just can't

As soon as she sees that he's seen the message, he facetimes her. She sighs and answers the call. Jason pops up on the screen with his eyebrow raised.

'Eat.' He simply states.

'I cant.' Avery sits more up on her bed and brings her knees to her chest. She holds the phone in front of her face. 'Every bite makes me feel sick.'

'Ave-' He starts.

'I'll try again tomorrow.' Avery cuts him off. 'Can we talk tomorrow? I'm tired.'

'Sure.' Jason nods. 'Make sure you do get some sleep.'

'Yeah.' Avery smiles slightly. 'Night.'

'Night.' Jason replies. Avery ends the call and puts her phone on her nightstand. She gets up off the bed, turns off her light and closes her door before returning to her bed, snuggling under the duvet and falling asleep.

.

The next day, Avery wakes up feeling a little bit better. She looks at the time and sees that it's nearly midday. She gets out of bed, puts her sliders on and walks downstairs. When she walks into the kitchen she sees Owen and T.K. stood and the Island preparing lunch.

'Good morning sleepy head.' Owen smiles.

'Meh.' Avery replies, still groggy. T.K. laughs slightly, pours her a cup of coffee and places it in front of her. 'Thanks.' Owen then takes her pills out of her dossette box, fills a cup with water and hands them to her. She takes the pills and washes them down with the water.

'Don't you need to take those at a certain time?' T.K. asks.

'Morning and night.' Owen responds for Avery. 'So when she wakes up and before she goes to bed.'

'I should really be taking them earlier.' Avery adds. 'Why didn't you wake me up?'

'I went to wake you up but you looked so peaceful and last night you were really tired so I wanted you to get as much rest as possible.' Owen tells her. 'However, I'll be waking you up from tomorrow onwards.' Avery nods, understanding.

'What are you going to have for breakfast?' T.K. asks his sister. 'Or should I say brunch?'

'I'm not that hungry so I'll just have a cereal bar and a banana.' Avery replies.

'Sandwich, fruit and potato chips it is.' T.K. states as he starts preparing the food for her.

'T.K. I'm not that hungry.' Avery protests. 'It will just go to waste.'

'Avery, you need to eat.' Owen tells her. 'You didn't each much yesterday.' He continues. 'I know your doctor said you might not have much of an appetite whilst you get used to being on meds again but you need to at least try and eat full meals.'

'Fine.' Avery sighs, giving in. T.K. finishes making her food and places it in front of her. She laughs when she sees he has cut some apple into stars. 'I didn't see you cut these.'

'I did them last night whilst you were in bed.' T.K. says. 'I remembered how when you were little, you used to only eat fruit if it was cut into stars.'