Chapter Thirty-One

It has been a couple of weeks and it's the day that Mike has to return to L.A. He wanted to stay for a little long but Megan convinced him that he should save the remainder of his time off for other visits he will want to take to Austin in the future. Megan, Avery, T.K., and Jason are at the airport in the drop-off and pick-up lot of the airport to see Mike off. Owen had given T.K. a few hours off work to see Mike off with the three teens.

'Let me know when you land, yeah?' Megan asks her dad.

'Of course.' He nods as he pulls her in for a hug. 'I love you.' He adds, kissing the top of her head.

'Love you too. We'll talk soon.' She tells him as they part.

'It was nice to see you again.' T.K says, shaking Mike's hand.

'You too.' Mike nods. 'Thank you for looking after my daughter.'

'Always, she's pretty awesome.' T.K grins.

'That she is.' Mike agrees, proudly.

'Bye.' Avery says, as she quickly hugs Mike.

'Bye.' Jason nods awkwardly.

'Have a safe flight.' Megan tells her dad as he steps back and picks up his bag from the ground. Megan gives him one final hug as he turns and walks into the airport.

'Right,' T.K sighs, looking at Avery, 'are you coming back to the station with me?'

'Yeah.' She nods.

'I'll take Megan home before I head to work. It's on the way anyways.' Jason volunteers. They all nod in agreement.

'See ya later.' Avery says walking toward T.K's car as Megan and Jason head toward his.

.

Arriving at the 126, T.K. and Avery back walk into the station and up to the station where Owen is waiting for them.

'Did Mike get off okay?' He asks them.

'Yeah.' Avery nods. 'Jase took Megan home since it's on his way to work.'

'I thought you were going to Megan's today?' Owen questions.

'In a bit.' Avery replies. 'I'm just gonna chill here for a bit to pass time.' She adds, sitting at the counter.

.

It's later that day, Avery is chilling at Megan's place. She's sitting in her 'corner' which consists of her reading chair and a few of her books that she keeps at Megan's for when she visits. Megan is standing in the kitchen, cleaning, whilst talking to Avery over the counter. For the past few minutes, Avery has been talking about how Jason had been really busy the last few weeks and being really suspicious about what he has been doing. Megan, of course, know's why but Avery doesn't.

'Ave-' Megan tries to interrupt her friend but it's no use.

'-but I don't know because he keeps going off to do things and not telling me what. I mean I don't care, he has his life, I get that. I'm just annoyed I haven't figured it out yet.' Hearing this, Megan has to stop herself from laughing. They're interrupted by a knock at the door so Megan goes to answer it whilst Avery puts the book she's been reading down.

'Hey.' Avery hears Jason's voice. 'Hey, have you told her yet?' He asks quite loudly as Megan lets him in. Hearing this, Avery furrows her eyebrows and realisation dawns on her but she decides to play confused.

'I, err, I was just about to.' Megan says awkwardly as she nods towards Avery sitting in the corner. She stares at them both, acting confused.

'Oh. Whoops.' Jason says, stopping when he sees Avery.