Chapter Thirty

A/N: This chapter will mention a character and storyline from my S.W.A.T fanfiction - Fix You.

'You want to take her abroad?' Owen raises an eyebrow. 'Where?'

'Well, we were thinking Marrakesh.' T.K. replies. 'She's mentioned a few times that she wants to go there.'

'It will be a present for her 18th so it won't be for a while.' Carlos adds. 'We were thinking of taking her for a week or so.'

'I don't have any issues with that. It is completely up to you guys how long you want to take her for.' Owen shakes his head. 'But are you two sure you can handle Ave alone?'

'I think we'll manage.' T.K. laughs. 'Hopefully, she'll be too distracted by what we'll be doing there to pull any of her usual antics.'

'However, knowing Avery, she'll find a way.' Carlos points out, chuckling. 'We've got time to prepare for whatever she'll throw our way.'

.

It's been a few days, Jason and Megan are having a coffee date and so T.K. has planned a brother/sister day with Avery. It's 10:30am and Avery is still in bed. T.K. has been waiting an hour for her to get up so he walks into her room and rips open the curtains.

'Ugh.' Avery shields her eyes. 'It burrrnsss.'

'Come on.' T.K. claps his hands. 'You can't spend all morning in bed. We've got lots to do.'

'Five more minutes.' Avery groans, pulling her duvet over her head.

'You said that half an hour ago.' T.K. pulls her duvet off of her.

'I'm tirrreeeddd.' Avery whines.

'Well,' T.K. sighs, 'maybe you shouldn't have stayed up all night reading when you knew we were going out today.' He adds. 'We're leaving in half an hour. We'll go for breakfast.' He walks out of the room muttering as he does, 'or lunch by the time you're ready.'

Half an hour later, Avery is ready. She walks into the kitchen, where T.K. and Owen are, with her kindle in her hands. Her eyes are glued to it so T.K. swipes it out of her hand.

'Hey!' Avery exclaims.

'You're not reading this thing all day.' T.K. raises an eyebrow. 'What are you reading anyway?' He goes to look at the screen but Avery stops him.

'You really don't want to know.' She warns him.

'Don't tell me what to do.' T.K. huffs before looking down at the kindle screen. 'Oh for fuck sake.' He looks away when he reads a particular line causing Owen and Avery to laugh.

'I warned you.' Avery laughs.

'Son, you should know by now that when Ave is using her kindle, it's to read her spicy books or whatever they're called.' Owen says.

'Yes, dad,' Avery laughs, 'they're called spicy books.'

'Come on then, trouble,' T.K. pats his hand on his sisters shoulder, 'before you scar me even more.' Avery turns to face him.

'Do you want some recs? It will give you and Carlos some id-' Avery starts to say but T.K. clasps his hand over her mouth.

'Nope.' He shakes his head. 'Not happening.' Avery raises her eyebrows. 'What's that look fo- eugh!' He rips his hand from her mouth and wipes it on his pants leg. 'Did you just like my hand?'

'Maybe.' Avery smirks. Owen laughs and shakes his head. 'Let's go then.' She says as she walks to the door.

'Wish me luck.' T.K. laughs slightly to Owen before following his younger sister.