ONE ( Indigo )

I heard the sound of his keys in the front door and feared what it might bring.

I'm standing by the kitchen counter with a cup of hot mint tea with wide eyes watching as he walk through the door and marches right over to me.

"Your nothing but a worthless piece of shit"  the burn of the tea on my right arm is nothing compared to what's to come only this time I have know idea why.

He walks over to his backpack and takes out his phone then throws it right at my head "I told you to fucking charge it"

"I'm sorry" I say taking a step back as he takes one forward.

"Worthless fucking nasty bitch. Your nothing but a lazy ass cunt" he slaps me hard across the face knocking me to the kitchen floor.

"I-I ss-said sorry" his hand makes contact with my cheek again shutting me up.

"I don't fucking care" another slap this time even harder making my eye feel like it could pop out of it's socket "I don't know why the fuck I'm still with you, your so fucking ugly and worthless you make me fucking sick"

The sting his words once made me feel has now vanished making it nothing but noise. Bracing myself on my elbows and feeling a small surge of courage I bite back with as much attitude I could muster "Then fucking leave" Yeah see that was a mistake and I knew it the moment the words left my mouth.

"What the fuck did you just say" I shake my head no not wanting to repeat myself and try to get away knowing that if I dare to repeat what I had just said the punishment will be worse then It's already going to be.

"I fucking ASKED YOU A QUESTION!"he yells in my face while grabbing a handful of my hair.

I don't answer. I don't dare let out a single sound even if I can feel my own scalp being pulled away from my skull. I know that if I answer it won't matter and it doesn't.

The next hour goes by in a slow blur and im sure I passed out at some point. The sound of the repetitive punches, kicks, slaps and even the whooshing sound of his belt reverberate off the walls of our small studio apartment as he continues to "punish" me.

I always wondered if our neighbors could hear what was going on or if they just didn't care enough to call for help.

"Stupid fucking bitch clean yourself up" he spits on the hardwood floor next to my bleeding head then walks into the room and back out with his charger in hand "I'll be back later".

After he left I stayed on the floor with so many things running though my mind, so many questions I wonder if I'll ever get answer to.

Have you ever tried to get away only to realize that you have no where to go?

Have you ever felt that your all alone like no one wants you?

Have you ever just wanted to find someone to love you?

The harsh reality is it isn't always what you thought it would be, just because you love that person doesn't mean that they love you back, it doesn't mean that they will care about you, it doesn't mean that they want you or even need you the same why you do them.

When I was growing up I couldn't wait to fall in love I thought that love was the best thing in the world, I thought that I had found my soul mate when I was in my junior year of collage, he was so sweet and loving, he treated me like I was the very air he needed to breathe.

Our relationship was one out of some fairy tale but that all changed when I told him that I wasn't ready to lose my virginity. We had been dating for a few months when I started to see signs that where big red flags.

The way he would look at other girls or how he would get up and leave with out saying good bye after getting a call or text.

Then there were times I wouldn't see or hear from him for days and when he would finally show up or call I'd ask him were he had been. He'd say it was none of my business and I'd get hit as if I was the one who had been gone for days doing only he knows what.

I still remember the very first time that he hit me it was at a frat party. Know one stoped him or tried to. He was drunk and got mad because I told him I was leaving after seeing him kissing some blonde bimbo with barely any clothes on.

So long story shot it was my fault because I wouldn't 'put out' so he had to get it from someone else. I know I should of left him but my dumb ass thought that what he showed me was love.

After that it was always my fault at least that's what he would always tell me.

Looking in the mirror after cleaning myself up I've lost the girl I had become after I got to college. I lost the carefree fun easygoing girl I was, looking back at me isn't me she's someone I've become because of him.

I'm a shell of the girl I used to be, I used to have friends and go out but now I hide out in the house until I know longer have black eyes or the swelling in my nose has gone down enough it's not that noticeable but I can't keep doing this I can't keep loosing what little bit of me is left.

I've been doing my classes online and working at a small bookstore down the block only on the days he's not here so I don't get yelled at or beat up because I'm not home.

I had been saving as much money as I could over the last few months because I wanted to buy a car but I'm going to use the money to get as far away as I can, as far away as I can from him.

It wasn't like he was going to know I was gone tell he decided to come home from where ever the hell he was anyways, most likely he was with another girl. That what he did he'd come home for a few days tell he wanted sex and when he couldn't get me to give it to him he'd beat me up and disappear for a few days to a week then come back.

Im not a complete prude as I have a feeling you must be thinking I have given him a few blow jobs but they weren't because I wanted to. I have touched myself as well but I just never wanted to give my virginity to anyone just because they said they loved me.

Anyways I turn off the bathroom light know longer wanting to see the girl in the mirror.

I packed what little bit of clothes and other things I had in two suitcases and left my life in New York behind hopefully one day I can return.

I hailed a cab to the bus station because it would be to expensive to fly and I hate the train. I remember when I was I believe 10 or 11 my foster family at the time told me we were going on a family vacation to where they didn't say but they put me on the train and that's where I stayed for three days tell the police came and got me.

I bought a bus ticket to Houston because it seemed like the right place to go. When I looked at all the states and cities on the map I couldn't imagen living any where else.

I choose a seat in the middle and take the window seat so I can watch the scenery change as the states and cities do.

It had been hours and I managed to sleep a little bit but wasn't completely comfortable because I was afraid something was going to happen to me or he would find me at every stop.

Stoping at a small bus stop/gas station in the middle of Oklahoma I get off to get something to snack on and drink when four beautiful black H3's pull up to the pumps. I watch as I take a sip of my coffee as six men get out of three of the cars.

The men walked in two lines as if the two in front and the two in back where protecting the other two in the middle. I can't see there faces but you can tell you don't want to mess with them.

I step away from the entrance just as there getting close, one of the men in the middle looks at me well I think he's looking at me but his sunglasses block his eyes. The man smirks then turns back and enters the store.

I get back on the bus and take my seat just at the driver closes the door the four cars speed by and out of site.