TWENTY SIX

Colonia Sangrati 20 years ago...

"Yes as I said before they will be here I'm sure of it. Yes okay"

Marques had this house built when he wed his wife, it was to be there castle but she never wanted to move she felt the grounds and large mansion felt more like a compound one she knew would one day be full of more men and women working for her husband.

As she looked in the mirror she caught a glimpse of a small little things playing on the floor and new that this was not the life she wanted for herself.

She just had to play along for the next few hour all all would be alright she thought as she finished getting ready.

All the guests had started to arrive to the announcement and presentation of the new princess.  Many of the men where already aware of the arranged marriage that would be taking place but many didn't not this night was to not only present the new mafia princess but it was also in a weird way there engagement part.

Just after 8 pm two small boys cam running into the grate ball room with the smiling mother right on their heels. "Boys that's enough please behave" the two boys smile up at their mother.

"Ah Daniela so lovely to see you again and as beautiful as always"

"Now Marquez do behave yourself" Daniela says as she takes her husband out stretched arm.

"Marquez"

"Natanael" the two men with harder expression nod to one another before their faces turn to amusement.

"I'm so glad who could make it after all"

"The mission was simple in and out"

The lights dimmed for a small moment then everyone's eyes turn to the top of the grand staircase as a beautiful woman with long blonde hair and bright green eyes looked over the crowd. Her sparkling gold dress fitting like a second skin.

In her arms was a small baby in a white dress, her delicate eyes fluttered ever so slowly due to the bright lights around the vas ball room the small 6 month out girl didn't understand what was going on around her as she stared up at the ceiling.

"Tatiana you must tell me what is your secret how the hell did you get I to shape so fast you don't even look as if you had a baby" Daniela says once her friend has made her way over to them.

"No secret just lucky I guess" the two women talk for a bit as some of the other lady's find themselves wondering over to meet the guest of honor.

"If I may have your attention please. As you all know tonight's even is to celebrate our new princess Indigo Nikola Santiago" the crowd claps and whistles and Tatiana makes her way up on the stage with Indigo sitting up right. "As some of you my know there has been a grate and important alliance that's been built over the years and will continue to build not only my empire but the empire of my dear friend Natanael López" Marquez extends his hand out to said man and his family as they to walk on to the stage " Im pleaded to announce that in 18 years time our two families will be united in marriage" once again the crowd claps and cheers all but a stunned Tatiana who looks lost "Both Roman and Dimitri Lopez will be taking my daughters hand and forever unite these two grate families together"

Just then the lights go out completely and the sound of clicking echos through the room as those who are armed take out there guns and prepare for what's to come.

Tatiana taking this as her chance finds her way over to the stairs with a bow sleeping Indigo held tight ti her chest. She had over heard the two men some time last week talking about said marriage but was against it from the start and confronted Marquez about it he understood how she felt about this but knew her place in this life.

She did what she thought was right and turned to the one person she knew would help her Charles.  He helped her escape that night and got a little revenge for him self.

His men stormed the ball room guns raised at shooting into the crowd of men woman and two small boys who's mother was able to keep them hidden under the stage they had once been standing on.

"Marquez if we don't make it out take them to my brother he'll know what to do" Natanael yells.

"Where's Tatiana" a frantic Daniela asks as she scans the room that's now brightly lite.

She spots the head of blonde locks as it disappears out the back way and k owes what's happing. She knows that her friend has betrayed her.

Moments that seem like hours later many are dead and injured. As Marquez and his men make their way around the room helping those they can tell help arrives the sound of small voices yelling and crying catches his attention and it's then that he sees what's happened.

There on the side of the stage are two small boys holding on to each other as their tiny eyes take in the now dead faces of their mom and dad.

Natanael hearing his wife's cry for help ran to her side just as the gun went off and her body fell to the floor with a hard thud. Seeing nothing but red he lunged at the man responsible for putting a bullet in his wife's head only to loose the fight by getting shot in the chest twice then the head.

The two boys watches as it all happens not fully understanding what's just happens but understanding enough to know that this means war for who ever hurt there mom and dad.