/fourty five/

/i might be younger, but i'll take care of you/

/luke/

"Three...two...one..." Ashton whispers the count down, then he and Calum rip open the hotel room curtains together, letting the late morning light flood the girls hotel room.

The three of them all groan as soon as the room goes from pitch black to bright white and wakes them along with the sound of the metal curtain rods. Amara mumbled something in her sleepy voice about looking for her sunglasses while her two friends threw pillows, shoes, and handbags at us, still laughing.

"Okay I don't remember ordering a wake up call!" Maddie hisses.

"It's on the house!" Calum jokes back, pleased with himself.

Despite there being two beds in the room, they all huddled together in one, half dressed in clubbing clothes and pajamas.

"Hey! Hey! I've got coffee and tea!" Michael shouts, holding the cup holder in one hand and deflecting the girls weapons with the other.

"Stand down." Amara groans to the troops who quickly fall in line and focus their fire on the rhythm section of the band.

Amara sits up, sporting a Jonas Brothers t-shirt and dark sunglasses she found on the nightstand while motioning at Michael with her hand to dodge the fire and come closer so she could have something to drink.

At the cafe down the street, I grabbed her both a green tea and a vanilla latte. Heavy on the vanilla. That one will probably help with her potential hangover more.

"Which ones are yours?" He asks her.

"How am I supposed to know?"

"They've got A's on 'em." I guide Michael, it's the most I can help without getting caught in the crossfire.

Eventually the rest of the drinks were passed out to the other two girls, making it safe to cross the room without getting hit with a fashion accessory. Our friends spread out across the room, the other bed, the chairs by the floor to ceiling windows.

But Amara stayed put, lips swollen and dry and brows furrowed. I made my way over to her and kicked my sneakers off so I could join her in bed.

"How you feeling little one?" I ask her, she simply shook her head in response.

We got separated last night. I excused myself after I...blew a load in my jeans, to clean up the mess as best as I could in the toilets. When I got back, she was on the dance floor with the girls. And when it was time to leave they got their own cab.

I reach into the tote bag I've been carrying most of the morning, to hand her a cold water bottle and a painkiller.

"No." She shakes her head, not in the mood to swallow a pill I bet.

"It'll help. Trust me." I sigh.

Amara lowers her sunglasses and pouts at me but takes the bottle of pills anyway. I wait patiently as she takes care of business, takes the pill, downs it with water, adding obscene amounts of honey to her green tea while I twirl her soft hair between my fingers.

I feel attached to her this morning, wrapping an arm around her shoulders so she can curl up next to me. Like she's the sun and I'm orbiting around her. Last night was just...

And I can't get enough. Even now.

"Why would you guys wake us up like this?" She asks, ready for conversation in her current state.