/fourty two/

/the family/

"Man, that girl can sleep." Michael says, checking the time on his phone in between matches of call of duty.

"Yeah. Turns out she can eat too." I exhale through my nostrils, remembering last night with a smile.

"No shit?"

"Hence no left overs." I chuckle.

Michael was pretty bummed about the lack of Thai food when he got here and spotted the take out containers in the bin.

"But it's one! Isn't she the up at the ass crack of dawn doing yoga, busy body type?"

"Sometimes." We converse back and forth without breaking eye contact with the t.v.

I only tore my eyes away when my phone buzzed on the cushion next to me. A photo of my older brother sleeping with his mouth hanging open was on my screen as he called. I paused the game without warning. He never calls. Not without a text first I mean, he's sort of civilized.

"What the fuck?" Michael groans.

"What?"

"Is that how you always answer the phone? Jesus."

"What do you want Jack?" I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Not a very polite way to talk to someone who's saving your life baby bro."

"What are you on about?"

"You're coming to mum's right?"

My stomach sinks. My eyes widen and I immediately get a headache.

"Oh fuck." I sigh.

"Yeah. You're welcome."

"Shit, uh. Does she want me to bring anything?" I worry, shaking my head.

Maybe that's why I haven't heard from her in a couple days. She's totally expecting me to forget about today so she has an excuse to yell at me about how I'm letting this little fame thing get to my head.

"Just your knob head buddies."

I roll my eyes even though he can't see me. We tour with one direction, go on a solo tour, sell out two nights at the forum! And we're still knob heads!

"I'm sure their mums would appreciate that." Jack finished.

I raise my brows, "Oh so it's one of those."

"Big time."

"Uh how long?" I wonder if I'm already late, that's definitely in my track record.

"See ya in two hours." And he hangs up.

I lean back against the couch, rubbing my eyes.

"What's that about?" Michael asks.

"You hear from your folks today?" I ask.

And it takes him a minute. But then he groans again, "Oh shit."

"Yup." I sigh.

I promised to never miss one of these get togethers especially while I'm here in Sydney. I just forgot that one was going to overlap with Amara being here.

"I better tell thing one and thing two. They're taking the whole vacay thing really serious." He chuckles, texting them a heads up in the band group chat.

"Went out again?" I ask.

Jeez. And I thought I was the wild one.

"Yup. They're probably still drunk."