/nine/

/hi, daddy!/

/amara/

Sitting in front row felt different this time.

It's only been a week since my last time seeing the show and yet it all feels sort of strange to me. Everything's taken on a brand new meaning.

Now when Luke shot this side of the crowd a smile, I kept wondering if I was meant to catch it, or reciprocate it.

After 5sos got off stage, the girls and I stayed for a little bit longer to watch at least some of One Direction's performance, since that's why we're really here.

Harry did remember what section I'm in to my absolute surprise. I thought maybe he was asking just to be polite.

But no.

Harry fucking waved at us. Making the whole trip worth it. Now, if we get nothing else out of this whole thing, at the very least we got the wave. Jesse and Maddie also couldn't believe that he actually acknowledged us, and mumbled something to Niall when he noticed he was waving to something. Which of course, made Jesse lose her mind and ask if maybe now they could all learn about our existence.

I wanted to stay longer since Harry is actually aware of me now, but Maddie told me Luke might be jealous, so we just left.

And yes, it's fucking cool, having a pass that gave us access to backstage and everything. No questions asked. The not cool and rather awful thing about it is I can hear people talking about us as we're led away by security.

Maddie's got a good memory, so once back inside, she led us back to the 5sos dressing room without much of Rick's help.

This time it was just the band waiting for us. No Halsey, and no crew members. Just the four boys actually alone.

And they all had still wet hair, fresh from a shower. I didn't think you could get that sweaty from an opening act set.

Luke shuffled his way over to me, waiting for my friends to leave us before speaking.

"So, what'd ya think?" He asks.

"About what?" I ask.

"The set. We played Disconnected this time um, what did you think?" Luke asks, and I have no clue why he would care about my opinion at all.

"It's a good song," I shrugged.

I felt guilty. I hardly remembered that I did dance along to it. I actually managed to forget the change in set list until now that he's mentioned it.

"Yeah?"

"Never heard it live before so, it was cool." I promised.

"Played it for you." He nods.

I raised my brows, before retreating my gaze to the floor. Ah shit, now it's even worse that I didn't really take it in.

"You guys did really good. Never really paid such close attention before but I'm glad I did tonight." I compliment.

And I did mean it, I had just momentarily forgotten everything before the wave.

"Thanks! Hey coming from you that's a huge compliment. Maybe we'll start winning you over." He chuckles.

"Oh, I wouldn't get too excited." I tease.

"Sorry I totally ignored you though. We all did. Figured it'd be best since, you know, we wanna keep it private."