/fifteen/

/back for more/

/amara/

Nate drove us to the train station. It took a lot of convincing. He wasn't too keen on the idea of being an accessory to our latest scheme. But he did it. And he wished us luck on probably the dumbest thing we've ever done.

But then again, the night is still young.

Jesse was right after all. The Hampton's are so removed from the real world it's easy to forget where exactly it's located.

It took us all day to prepare, sneaking around all our parents in last night's party clothes.

Maddie was the first to block both of her parent's phone numbers. Jesse's only called once before she did the same.

But Maddie and Jesse needed to pack their bags too. They risked getting in trouble so that I didn't have to be alone. And I'll always be grateful to them for it.

I could feel myself wanting to retreat. Back into myself. Back to my parents. Admit this was all a huge mistake and we should just go home.

But I also can't. Not at this point. I didn't realize this version of myself was new, and I want to get to know her.

We got into the city at 7 o'clock on the dot and left Grand Central Station at 7:20 because we took so long admiring it. It never gets old.

We took a yellow cab to the apartment my mom lived in when she was dating my dad. It's fully furnished, rent controlled, and she keeps it to rent mostly to NYU students but it's empty since it's summer.

We settled in, changed, and walked down the block to grab a couple pizza slices so we could fuel up before going out.

I left the show mid set when Luke called, and was walking on air when he said he wanted to see me.

We went back to the apartment after I told the girls Luke and the band wanted to hang out.

They didn't even want to finish the show, they just wanted to change into something 'much cuter'. Their words. Not mine.

"I'm glad Luke called. Calum refuses to tell me what the plan is." Maddie says, fixing her lipstick in the bathroom mirror.

"How are we supposed to know what to get ready for then?" Jesse wonders.

"All he said was to be prepared for an epic night. Whatever that means." Maddie tells us.

I changed my outfit a few times, not happy at all with the clothes I was stuck with.

I resorted to borrowing a chartreuse plaid mini skirt from Jesse, a black corset-esque top and a canvas jacket from Maddie. I added pins to it that came from my backpack.

I put on my thigh high socks and platform boots. To me, that was all the preparation I needed for whatever was waiting for us that is so 'epic.' I let Maddie give me really dramatic black winged eyeliner and I put my hair into a high pony.

We couldn't get to the subway fast enough, my friends made fun of me for seeming overly eager.

But it wasn't just Luke that I was excited about. It was being in the city I only ever get to see when it's covered in snow. And being brave enough to come in the first place. I was just, buzzing, really.

Because if it's a rebel act they want, it's a rebel act they'll get. Performance of a lifetime.

Calum was the one who sent the address, so Maddie navigated when we got off the train all the way uptown.