Chapter 11: The First Task

Y/n's POV:

November 1st started as a crisp and cool breeze. The weeks soon rolled by and it was the night before the first task of the triwizard tournament. I sat in the library with Cedric all day, trying to find a way to get past a dragon.

"You know, I've become quite good at using only one hand" I joked to Cedric. My arm is less bruised but I'm still using a sling, until tomorrow. I need to hand it back to Madame Pomfrey tomorrow afternoon after the first task.

Fred had become quite protective of me and my arm. Ensuring that no one touches it so I don't get hurt.

"Y/n" began Cedric. "It's not in the time to joke" he continued. "I don't need you right now" he nearly yelled.

"Fine, I'll see you around" I said sternly. Grabbed my bag and walked away.

"Y/n" I heard Cedric yell. I didn't turn around. I walked away, a tear formed in my eye as I heard the librarian shout at Cedric to be quiet.

I walked out the library and back to the common room. I sat down next to Fred, wiping a tear away from my eye.

"Are you ok darling?" He asked. "Is it something Cedric done?" I nodded my head. I could see and hear both his fists clench.

"What did he do" he asked angrily.

"I was trying to joke around with him but he snapped and told me he didn't need my help" I said quickly.

I leaned into Fred's side, he wrapped his arm around me and was rubbing my right arm to comfort me.

"It's ok y/n" whispered Fred. "Don't listen to Diggory" he kissed me forehead and I just laid there, not saying anything just taking in his loving self.

I don't know how long I was laying there for but it seemed so fast.

"Lovey, it's time for dinner" Fred said

"Oh. Right. Let's go" I said. We all stood up, the boys took their usual formation around me. As we walked I heard someone say my name.

"Y/n!" I turned around and Cedric was running up to me.

"Leave her alone Diggory" snapped Fred and George at the same time. Lee just gave him a evil stare.

"Thank you boys" I said to the three of them, glanced at Cedric before looking away and talking to Fred, George and Lee.

We whet into the great hall and sat in our usual seats I didn't feel hungry, I was nervous, for Harry and Cedric for tomorrow. I played with the pasta on my plate or swirled my drink.

"What's wrong y/n/n" asked Lee. George and Fred looked over and looked concerned.

"I'm not hungry" I said, still playing with the pasta with my fork.

"Lovey, you need to eat something" said Fred concerned.

"I- I can't. I don't feel hungry" I gave the boys a small smile before standing up and leaving the great hall.

I walked back to the common room alone, enjoying the silence. It gave me time to reflect on what Cedric said.

"Password" said the fat lady

"Caput Draconis" I said. The portrait hole opened and I crawled in. The common room was completely empty, but I decided to go to my dorm.

I was getting out some comfortable clothes of jogging bottoms and my Weasley jumper, but then the door swung open.

My dorm mate Hermione Granger walked in looking concerned.

"What's wrong" I asked

"Y/n, the twins and Lee are waiting downstairs for you." She replied "They want to talk to you"