Chapter 48: NEWTS

Y/n's POV:
"No Lee, that sounds terrible" I said screwing yet another piece of parchment in the bin, it was my sixth attempt to write Fred a letter.

"It didn't sound that bad y/n/n" Lee says supportingly.

"Honestly Lee, it was terrible" I replied as I ripped off some new parchment and began to scribble Fred a letter.

"Really. Again, we have exams in a week." Lee said.

"One more attempt then we can go back to studying. I promise" I bargained. He nodded and I wrote to my boyfriend.

To my Freddie.
I know it's only been a week since you left, but I miss soooo much. You'd never believe it, after you left Umbridge tried to give us detention for having a part in it. But Minnie saved me and Lee and we spent 'detention' in her classroom, she had snacks and butterbeer. I hope the shop is going well, that's if it opened yet! I can't wait to see you again because hogwarts hasn't been the same.

Love
Y/n xx
(Your girlfriend in case you forgot)

I sealed the letter and gave it to a school owl who had been sitting there for the last hour. It hooted and it flew off into the distance and vanishing in the horizon.

"Finally! Can we study now!" Lee asked impatiently.

"Okay okay, sorry!" I said.

Me and Lee spent the next three hours straight in the library, we were both getting stressed and worked up about the upcoming NEWTs. I wanted to do well to become an auror. Lee wanted to be a healer so we both were trying our hardest. I spent hours buried in charm books, then potions, DADA herbology, and transfiguration.

~.~.~.~
It's been a week, Sunday night. NEWTs start tomorrow. Nerves are rushing through me, I've heard nothing from Fred at all which I wanted as a sort of comfort. I sat in the common room late at night with my head buried in books and revision notes. But before I walked up to Lee's and my dorm, I heard a slight tapping at the window. I glanced over to see my owl standing on the ledge outside with a letter in her beak. I ran to the window excitedly, I opened the windows and my owl floated in and perched herself on my arm. I carefully took the letter out of her beak, gave her a treat before she flew off back to the owlery. I sat on the sofa excited as I recognised the messy handwriting of Fred Weasley, my boyfriend.

To my dearest y/n
Of course I remember your my beautiful girlfriend. I miss you wayyyy more than you. George has been driving me crazy. The shop hasn't opened yet, but we are in a couple of weeks. The flat is pretty much done and I think I done a good job on our room. I'm sorry for taking forever to reply, I've been so busy. I also want to wish you good luck for your NEWTs, I know you will do amazing and I can't wait to see you.
Love
Freddie xx

A smile plastered on my face and I had a new found luck for the next week of exams. I grasped the letter in my hands and ran up to my dorm, I placed the letter on my pinboard and crawled into bed with nerves and anticipation filling my body.

                                      ~.~.~.~
"Y/n, I swear to Godric wake up!" Lee yelled.

"Shove off Lee" I groaned turning away from him and smelling Fred's scent on the duvet.

"If you don't wake up I will jump on you." He said smugly.

"Okay okay I'm up. We don't need a recreation of what George did last year!" I said sitting up. Pretending to rub my arm. Last year I was abruptly woken by George who decided to leap on top of me. I just made the aging potion for them and Fred offered me to stay in his dorm.