Chapter 60: The Battle Of The Astronomy Tower

TW: Angst, mentions of death, blood, severe injury, grief and description of death. Please read with caution!

Y/n's POV:
The dark mark illuminated the sky of Hogwarts. A pit fell into my stomach and was followed by a churning feeling. Something wasn't right.

"Y/n! Come on!" Tonks called for me. She grabbed my hand and pulled me up the cobbled path of the once lively and welcoming village of Hogsmeade.

The walk was silent, deadly silent. Me and Lee clutched our hands together as we walked hearing the tapping of our feet as we walked. Both of us were scared for the battle, me more so because I had babies to look after.

"I'm nervous Lee." I whispered as I clutched his hand slightly tighter.

"I know you are, you'll be okay Y/n. You got this." Lee whispered back with a small smile.

"Thanks Lee." I smiled

We fell back into a uncomfortable and nervous silence as the faint and dark figure of Hogwarts drew closer and closer, with the terrified screams of students growing louder and louder.

We entered the castle and I was met with a large battle going on all over the school, Lee ran up to the hospital wing and me and Tonks stuck together as we ran though the halls, stopping death eaters from harming students.

I threw my cloak aside as the brutal-faced Death Eater, ran out of a door towards a group of young students.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I called out

The Death Eater buckled as though hit in the back with something solid and fell to the ground, rigid as a waxwork, but he had barely hit the floor when I was clambering over him and running down the darkened staircase towards the group of young students.

"Are you okay?" I asked the group of shaking group consisting of three girls and two boys.

"Yes." One of the boys said shakily, clutching two of the girls tightly.

"Well you need to get out of here. Follow close behind me." I said. They all nodded.

We ran though the crowded corridors silently. The group staying close to me, shaking and clutching each other tightly. We got outside and the five people released a strong sigh.

"See the other students. Go with them and stay there and some move. You're safe now." I said.

"Thank you so much!" One of the girls said shakily as they joined the larger group of students, watching over them with another auror.

I ran back inside and was once again met by the dimly lit corridor was full of dust; half the ceiling seemed to have fallen in; and a battle was raging before me, but even as I attempted to make out who were fighting whom, I heard the a recognisable voice shout, "It's over, time to go!" and I saw Snape disappearing around the corner at the far end of the corridor; he and Malfoy seemed to have forced their way through the fight unscathed.

I saw another group of scared students who were blocking curses. As I plunged after them, one of the fighters detached themselves from the fray and flew at me: it was the werewolf, Fenrir. He was on top of me before I could raise his wand: Harry fell backward, with filthy matted hair in his face, the stench of sweat and blood filling his nose and mouth, hot greedy breath at his throat

Nerves ran though me, scared of my safety as the werewolf's face was inches away from mine. One of my hands was clutched over my small bump on my belly and the other was holding onto my wand.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I shouted at the man on top of me.

I felt Fenrir collapse against me; with a stupendous effort I pushed the werewolf off and onto the floor as a jet of green light came flying toward me; I ducked and ran, headfirst, into the fight. My feet met something squashy and slippery on the floor and he stumbled: There were two bodies lying there, lying facedown in a pool of blood, but there was no time to investigate. I now saw red hair flying like flames in front of him: Ginny was locked in combat with the lumpy Death Eater, Amycus, who was throwing hex after hex at her while she dodged them.