Chapter 52: Letter From The Ministry

Y/n's POV:

I stared at the letter shaking in my hands. It's from the ministry of magic. What have I done wrong? What have they found out? What if I'm in trouble?

Luckily Fred pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Are you going to open it Y/n. You've been staring at it for five minutes." Fred said.

"I know. I'm nervous." I stuttered with the letter still shaking in my hands.

I put a shaky finger at the top of the envelope to break the seal. I nervously ripped the envelope open to reveal two neatly folded pieces of parchment. I took out the larger piece and read the letter inside.

Dear Miss Y/l/n
The ministry has been made aware of the results of your Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test. The ministry of Magic are amazed at your results and we would like to wish you our congratulations. We have become aware that you wish to peruse a career in the auror office. With a superb reference from your former head of house Minerva McGonagall, we would like to offer you an interview for the job. Please see other enclosed parchment for the date and time of your interview.

Hoping you are well
Mafalda Hopkirk

"Well?" Asked Lee as I finally looked up from the letter.

"I GOT OFFERED AN INTERVIEW!" I yelled excitedly.

"Congratulations Y/n!" All three boys yelled at the same time. All three had encapsulated me in a hug. We were all cheering and yelling of excitement. I finally have a chance of getting my dream job.

"When is it?" Fred asked.

"I don't know yet. It's on the other bit of parchment." I said. I pulled out the slip of parchment from the envelope and unfolded the small piece that said the date and time of my interview.

Friday 20th August
11:00am

I smiled widely, nerves and excitement filled me. I was excited for Friday to come. I had a five days until my interview and I don't think I can wait much longer.

Although George and Lee seemed excited for me, they were practically jumping around the living room screaming at the top of their lungs. Fred however, didn't look as happy. He had his head hung low and had a nervous expression on his face and worry in his eyes. I shuffled next to mine and placed my hand on his. Fred said nothing but he turned his hand around and squeezed mine tightly.

"Freddie what's wrong?" I asked. George and Lee have sensed what's going on and speedily left the room. Their cheers still heard though the closed door of George's room.

"I want to talk to you." Fred said worryingly.

"About what?" I asked, having some idea what he could ask. My joke I made this morning.

"Why do you still joke about you getting petrified?" He asked.

"I guess it's my way of coping." I replied. "Why does it bother you so much?" I asked warmly, not meaning it to sound rude or harsh.

"It's just- I still feel guilty. If I hadn't snapped at you then none of it would have happened." Fred spilled, his eyes now wore a guilty expression as he looked at me.

"Freddie, please don't blame yourself for it. I'm still here now. And that's most important." I smiled. I pulled my boyfriend into a hug. As I hugged him I began to remember what happened all those years ago.

~o~
3rd Person POV:
The day had stared as normal. Y/n had woken up early because they were going to Hogsmede today. She actually had a date with her previous boyfriend Roger Davies. A Ravenclaw who played chaser on the Quidditch team. She dressed in jeans and a smart jumper before pulling on some boots and her scarf. She wanted to keep warm because it was the start of January and snow was on the ground. She had left her dorm, leaving the second year Hermione Granger to sleep. She had gone down the stairs waiting for her best friends to join her for breakfast.