Chapter 14: Dates?

Y/n's POV

I was walking down the corridor with Hermione and Ginny on our way back from our walk. The fresh air made me feel ready for what ever Fred did. I told the girls how I wanted to sort things out with Fred and how I wanted to go to the ball with him.

A girl in Hermione's year, named Lavender Brown came running to us. Running to me.

"Hey Lavender, what's up?" I asked

"It's about Fred" she said, she also knew I liked Fred, practically the whole of Gryffindor house knows.

"What about him" I said, hoping what I didn't want to hear.

"He's asked Angelina to the ball and he is flirting with her" she said. Tears prickled my eyes, it was to be expected but I was hoping not.

"Thank you for telling me Lavender" I said trying to sound normal and not ripped to pieces inside.

"I'm sorry y/n, someone had to tell you" she said. Me and her hugged before she went off somewhere.

As soon as she left, tears flooded down my face, I couldn't control it anymore. I slid down the wall to the floor. My head burrowed into my knees and my arms wrapped around my legs.

I felt Hermione and Ginny sit either side of me. They pulled me into a huge hug, Ginny was rubbing my head and Hermione was rubbing my arm. I did feel better that they were there next to me.

After 5 minutes, I lifted my head off my knees, my eyes were red and puffy. I wanted to go to my dorm and be alone for a while.

"I'm ready to go in there" I muttered

"Okay, we have your back y/n" Ginny reassured.

I thank them and went to the portrait hole. The door flew open and I crawled in. I looked over to our sofa, Fred was sitting there his arm was wrapped around Angelina who was all over him.

Me made eye contact, I made sure he could see my red puffy eyes and wet robes of my tears. I broke eye contact and headed towards the stairs.

"Y/n" Fred called after me, I didn't turn around but sped up. Fred soon caught up to me and grabbed my arm. "Y/n please let me explain" he begged.

"Don't touch me" I yelled as I yanked my hand from his grip. "What could you possibly say to me, you called me a liar, talked and flirted to Angelina, and now try and act like the victim" I turned around but he yet again grabbed my arm.

"DON'T TOUCH ME FRED, AND DON'T ACT LIKE YOU CARE. I KNOW YOU DON'T" I yelled. Tears once again forming in my eyes and I once again pulled my arm away.

"I thought you wanted to go with Diggory" he stuttered.

"WELL MAYBE I WANTED TO GO WITH YOU!" I snapped. I nodded for Hermione and Ginny to grab Fred so I could get up to my room in peace.

"Y/N please" I heard Fred yell before I slammed the door to my dorm. A minute later I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in" I said through the tears

"Y/n it's us" Hermione and Ginny said simultaneously. They closed the door behind them and sat either side of me. Ginny gave me a roll of tissues for me to cry into. I used the whole roll throughout the rest of the day.

After about a hour of then comforting me I politely asked "girls. I appreciate you being here, but can I be alone for a bit please"

"Of course" Hermione said. They both got up and left to go to the common room. I heard them yell, I assumed at Fred. I laid on my bed and fell asleep until the morning.