Chapter 71: Bringing them Home

A/n: Very Important!
I made a new story for my TikTok story. It's called "The Hufflepuff with a reputation". Because of this I cannot post a chapter for all four of my stories a week. So I have made a new posting system. It is

Week 1: More than Friends, A Hufflepuff with a reputation

Week 2: The Lone Wolf, Hidden within the stars

Enjoy the chapter :)

Y/n's POV:

The bag was fully packed, I was clean and ready to go. All I had to do was change the babies.

As far as newborns go, James and Oliver are really good babies, they haven't cried too much although I was up all night admiring their little scrunched up faces and perfect button noses. I have already noticed a few differences between James and Oliver Weasley. Oliver cries slightly more and has a small bump in his nose whereas James is more calmer than his younger brother and he has a few more freckles across his nose than Oliver.

"They really are perfect." I smiled to my fiancé as I had James bundled in my arms and Fred had Oliver held in his arms.

"The twins are beautiful, and they look just like you." Fred smiled widely to me, planting a kiss on Oliver's forehead.

"They have your hair, the iconic Weasley hair." I smiled, gently running my fingers through James' hair.

At that moment there was a small knock at the door to my room at the hospital. It slowly opened to reveal Maria with a smile planted across her face.

"Good afternoon Y/n, how are you and the babies?" She asked, coming to stand at the foot of my bed holding her clipboard and a quill.

"I'm feeling great and the babies are good I think." I lightly laughed.

"All I need to do before you two can take your beautiful babies home is to quickly examine you and that babies to make sure you three are fit to go home." She told me.

"Sounds good with me. I can't wait to get them home they have their room ready." I replied as Fred handed me Oliver so he can make sure we have everything packed.

About 30 minutes have passed and Maria had individually examined James, Oliver and then me. As we waited for her results, I changed both James and Oliver's nappies and changed them both into matching white baby grows with small animals embroidered all over it, and placing little white hats on their heads to cover their ginger hair.

"Everything is perfect, I'm going to discharge you and the twins which means you four are welcome to go home." Maria smiled widely.

"Thank you so much for everything Maria." I said as I got up and hugged my midwitch.

"You are very welcome Y/n, it was amazing to have you as one of my patients." Replied Maria. "Can I introduce you to you're home visitor who will come over and do checks on the babies every few weeks?"

"Okay, that's fine." I said. Whilst Maria was out I quickly changed out of my hospital gown and into leggings and a Weasley jumper. I sat back onto the bed and held both my babies close to me.

Home visitor walked into the room with a wide and happy smile on her face. She had light brown hair that fell to her shoulders matched with a fringe. She seemed quite tall and wore a nice set of blue scrubs.