Settling In

6:30 a.m. 1 March 2013, Avengers Tower

It's been almost about three weeks since I have been settling into the Avengers Tower, and to say I have never thought I would have already gotten close to one of the six is crazy.

I mean yeah, I am technically stuck here so I was bound to get along with everyone eventually.

I also think maybe because it seems like we had hit it off from the start, with helping me with my anxiety attack on my first day or especially with asking about his old life and best pal. Yet, what I do know is that I am glad I made friends with Steve.

I know that this forming friendship will benefit both of us as we seem to be able to relate on the whole 'being from different worlds' part. To be fair, he seems to still be warming up to me so maybe we're not at that comfortable stage yet. Not to mention I was a bit awkward myself after the first night, especially with telling him it was 'enchanting' to meet him, like from that Taylor Swift song.

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my door, I groan as I look over at the alarm clock (that I don't really use) standing on my small dresser reading six-thirty. I groan again as the knocks keep coming so I finally sit up, stretching for a bit then head over towards the door wondering on Loki's helmet who is waking me up so damn early on a fucking Friday!

I swing the door open to come face to face-well more like face to chest- with the blonde super soldier that I can proudly call my new best friend. The man peers down at me with an adorable sheepish smile and sporting a pair of running shorts and a tight T-shirt. Oh. OH.

"Nope!" I instantly screech. "I already know by the look on that beautiful face of yours Steven, what you are going to ask me at this ungodly hour and the answer is no," I ramble as I flop back on my bed, face first. Still half asleep.

I can feel the eye roll and amused smile coming off him as he has been getting used to my random compliments and remarks.

"Awe come on!" The man starts with a slight laugh. "You didn't even let me ask and this is good for you. You don't go out much and I know you haven't been visiting the training room like you have been saying for the past week." He huffs.

I hear him walking over to my bed, then feel him sitting down by my feet.

"Mmm.... nope!" My voice was muffled from the comforter but still audible.

I hear him let out a sigh and I start to feel bad but remain strong with my stubbornness.

"We can go get ice cream after?..." He offers.

I think for a moment as ice cream did sound good at the moment but then shook my head as I tried to remain strong. He grumbles something under his breath causing me to think of Fury's line in AOU when he meets them on the floating piece of land.

I open my mouth to say the line when all of a sudden, I feel myself being teared away from my precious bed and over a toned shoulder. I screech at the sudden movement as I wasn't expecting it, but the surprise noise ends in a laugh as he heads out my door and into the elevator, his grip not lessening.

Never mind, I might be wrong about us not being that comfortable with each other then.

I mean I'm not complaining much as it gave me a great view, plus his hold was gentle nonetheless so it's not like he was hurting me.

"Steve," I whine as I stay draped over his shoulder as he starts walking again to another destination.

"Nope. You left me with no choice doll. I tried to be nice but you didn't listen and I told you that if you don't go to the training room last week and work out like you said you would, then there will be consequences." He remarked sternly yet I can hear the playfulness in his voice.