The Training Begins

8:20 a.m. 18 May 2013, Avengers Tower

I wake to a start, the sound of pounding at my door alerted my sleeping brain. I swiftly roll out of bed (my foot getting stuck on the sheet and causing me to almost trip in the process), I shove the sheet away as I rush to the door and swing it open to come face to face with a red headed assassin and a dirty blonde super soldier. I can only guess I looked like a confused groggy mess as Nat is sporting a smirk while Steve. Well actually, now that I look at Steve, his face is turning red while he avoids eye contact.

I stare at him a bit confused until Nat clears her throat causing me to turn to her to see her motioning to my clothes. I look down to see that I'm only wearing a slightly over-sized T shirt with a pair of underwear. I feel my face heat up as I realize he saw me like this, not to mention my shirt is ironically a Captain America shirt.

I groan, putting a hand over my face as I quickly shut my door. I shove on some shorts as I prepare myself mentally to face the super soldier again then swing open my door, greeting the two with an awkward smile this time.

"So um, what are you guys doing here at..." I look down at my watch to see it was only eight-twenty in the morning. "eight in the morning on a Friday?" I question, hoping it's not what I think it is.

"We are here to drag your lazy ass down to the training room." Nat

"Uh, you know what. I think I'll schedule a rain check." I chuckle awkwardly, trying to close the door.

I feel the door come to a stop before it can even close half way. I look up at the door to see the assassin's hand holding it open. I cringe knowing when I open it back up that I will come face-to-face with her stone cold look. So I decided to hell with it and swing it open, surprising her as she stumbles back yet I don't bother to look in her direction as I stalk into the super soldier, resting my head against his chest as he hesitated a bit before wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"Please don't make me do this." I mumble into his shirt.

"Come on doll, it's not that bad." He pats my head with a chuckle.

"Of course you would say that, you're used to it." I huff, "She's still glaring isn't she?" I whisper.

"Yep, she kind of is."

I felt his chest vibrate from the laugh that left his mouth, I let out a huff as I pull away to turn to the green eyed woman to see that she in fact still slightly glaring at me with an eyebrow quirked.

"Alright." I sigh, "Just give me five minutes to get ready and I will meet you down there."

I see her glare turn into a smirk as she senses my defeat, she just gives a short nod then turns and walks away to leave the floor.

"Are you gonna join her?" I turn to the man still standing beside me.

"Na, I'll wait out here for you." He winks.

I just nod with a playful eye roll and head back into my room. I head straight to my closet, looking through my stack of workout clothes that I have recently gotten. I pull out a pair of navy blue yoga pants, a tie dye red and white cropped shirt, and then a pair of black work out shoes. I look down at my outfit and let out a laugh as I realized I went with the whole 'red, white, and blue' scheme today.

I can already hear Nat's comments now.

I swing my door open after putting my long chestnut hair into a high ponytail. I smile at the super soldier as I walk out to see him waiting at the island.

"Ready to go." I grin as I skip to stand in front of him.

•••

I groan at the feeling of my body hitting the mat again, my breath instantly leaving me as my back touches the hard surface with a heavy thud.