The Start Of The Prank Wars

7:20 a.m. 1 April 2014, Avengers Tower

*Click*... *Click*

I wake up confused at the slight, irritating noise coming from behind me. I turn over slightly to see what that noise comes from when I spot a blurred form of red hair and green eyes peering back at me. My brows furrow in confusion as to why Nat would be in the room now and why she hasn't bothered to say anything but stand there, looking frozen as if she was just caught doing something illegal.

This confused me the most as I doubt she really cared if she did, as she probably could get away with just about anything.

That's when I saw the phone in blood, red colored phone in her hand. Sitting sideways between her fingers as if she was watching a movie... or taking a picture.

I roll my eyes at her action, sending a glare her way before I flip her off. I didn't bother saying a word as I turned around in Steve's arms to sleep more, as it was only a couple of hours after my nightmare last night.

I hear Nat snicker to herself, along with the tranquil steps of her feet. Indicating she was leaving, I was unaware of her turning up towards the vent that rests just above Steve's closet, giving a wink and slight smirk, signaling to a particular vent freak to commence his plan.

I just started to relax back into my cozy sleep, snuggling deeper into the Super-soldier's comforting arms with a smile before that all came crashing down at the feeling of harsh, ice-cold water comes soaking me down to the bone.

A strangled screech leaves my lips just as Steve and I pull away quickly, dashing out of the now-drenched sheets and bed. I shudder at the feeling of the liquid trailing down my back and onto the floor beneath me, soaking in my Ursula-themed, lavender socks.

"HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY FUCKERS!!! CAW, CAW!" A voice howls through the room before scrambling follows behind it.

I glance over at Steve, arms wrapped around myself to provide warmth and comfort to my still-shocked self. The blonde stares back at me with a look of bewilderment, hair sticking all which way, and chest heaving a bit quickly from the sudden rude awakening.

I, no doubt, looked like a mess as well, my loosed braid drenched and looking more like a rat's tail than my hair, and the few loose strands that crowded my face were now sticking to the sides and dripping down water to my shirt.

It didn't take long for us to start bursting into laughter as we stare at each other, taking in how the other looked at the moment. I felt my eyes well up with tears as I couldn't help but laugh off the shock I had just witnessed from the sudden awakening from Barton.

"Well, it seems like I can skip that shower I was planning on taking." Steve chuckles, pulling up the end of his t-shirt and using the still, somehow dry part to dry off his hair and face.

Most likely from me lying over him...

I feel my face heat up at the sight of the lower half of his toned body, the v-line, and the happy trail that disappears under his basketball shorts.

I clear my throat, looking away almost immediately to avoid getting caught. "Hehe, yeah definitely don't have to worry about that now."

I sigh as I pick at my completely drenched shirt and sticking to my body like a second skin. I turn around, walk over to the closet and rugging through it before finding another shirt, and without thinking, I pull off the soaked one and pull on the new and cozy one right away.

I turn around, sighing in relief as it was now over with and throwing the dirty one away in the hamper, to see Steve just standing there, staring at me with a slightly dazed look before he seems to snap out of his trance and clears his throat, glancing away and looking at anything but me.