New Hero in Manhattan

May 2014, Avengers Tower

I wave through the clear wall at the two scientists, who were previously huddled together and peering at the screen held before them scribbled with various equations and symbols. Banner sends me a soft smile while Tony nods his head at me like he is greeting an old pal. Or trying to act cool.

A chuckle leaves my lips at his behavior as I step into the room, wandering over to the table at the other side of the room and plopping myself down on the stool closest to me.

"Hey kiddo, thanks for coming in." Tony pulls me into a side hug before he scoots over to lean against the side of the table as he munches on a pack of mixed nuts.

"No problem T, wanna tell me what this is all about?" I hum, picking at his snack as he offers me some.

"Come on," He motions his head as he starts walking away. "I'll show ya'"

Giving Bruce a quick hug, I scurry after Tony as he continues to walk down the hallway and toward the elevator. Not bothering to see if I was still with him. I slide into the metal box beside the billionaire just as the doors shut.

"We're going to your lab?" I question, confused as I watch the numbers go up a few before we come to a stop.

"Yeah, it's in here." His voice muffled from the snack. "What I wanted to show you."

The room is in disarray from all of Tony's inventions, suits, blue prints, and anything else imaginable that you would think would belong in his workshop.

He doesn't hesitate in his movement as he makes his way towards the long, rectangular table laying off to the left of the room, stacks of blue prints and messy stacks of papers litter on the outer of the table. They don't seem to bother the man as he starts tapping away on the screen before him.

"Hey bud, can you pull prints labeled 'T. Machine', pretty please."

"Of course, sir."

I walk closer as a hologram of a blue print appears before us, my brows furrow as I let my eyes scan over scribbles, sketches, and notes that are all in Tony's handwriting. Excitement fills me up as I realize what was being shown to me.

"You made me a new suit!" I grin, my eyes flicking over to the man before returning back.

"And a few extra accessories to it." Tony smirks, throwing me a wink as he uses his hands to zoom closer to one of the objects he was talking about.

"Is that a mask?" I chuckle, taking in the familiar detail of the face covering that resembled one's from Red Hood, which I thought was hilarious as he's DC.

"Ding, ding, ding. We got a winner!"

I rolled my eyes at his response, the smile evident I was amused by his words.

"I figured it would be best if the whole world didn't know who you were. You know? To keep your life as comfortable and private as possible."

"No one else wears a mask on the team." I chuckle, "Plus, I doubt it could stay that way long as, well, I live with you guys."

Tony rolls his eyes playfully at my answer. "I know that. I just figured it would be easier to not worry about bad guys and crazy fans to not know who you are. For all our sake."

I smile at his obvious worry and the sentiment behind the mask.

"The suit obviously had some much needed upgrades to it, which you will see in a bit, and as for the rest of the accessories. Well, you can test them out for yourself."

"J.A.R.V.I.S. if you would like to do the big reveal." Tony announces to the ceiling as he shuffles over to the wall beside the table.

I watch as the wall flips over to reveal a metal, silver suitcase laying on the velvet, deep blue shelf beneath it. Tony snatches it off and walks back over to join me at the table. Placing the suitcase down before sliding it over, turning so it would open before me.