Slumber Party Madness

3:10 p.m. 12 August 2013, Avengers Tower

"Avengers!..."

I trail off as I hear the pounding of feet rush over to me.

"Huh, didn't think that would work... or that you all would hear me." I muse. "I also didn't get to finish that sentence," I grumble to myself mostly.

"You called kid?" Tony pips up as he heads over to his bar nonchalantly.

After they all relaxed when they realized I wasn't in any danger.

"Yep!" I smile, turning so I was facing all of them.

"It has come to my attention that something very tragic has happened in each and everyone one of your pasts..." I trail off as everyone starts squirming around in uneasiness from me putting them on blast. "So I have a solution to fix that problem." I grin. "We are..." I trail off for dramatic effects, getting a drum roll from Clint with his drum sticks. I nod to the man as a thank you before I finish my sentence.

"We are having A SLUMBER PARTY!!" I shout, throwing my hands in the air as J.A.R.V.I.S pops out some confetti behind me.

"Where did-"

"A what-"

"Wow, he doesn't even do that for me and I created him!"

I thank the AI for the help of the dramatics then turn my attention back on the team as I see Thor raise his hand in the air like a student.

"Yes? Mr. Odinson?" I point to the man gaining everyone's attention.

"What is this, 'slumber party' you speak of, and does it involve sparring with our friends?"

I frown as I see that all of them (besides Cap who had them with James) are looking at me in curiosity about what a slumber party was.

I feel my heartache for these people as they have never had the proper experience of childhood, how they never got to experience that giddy feeling of having all your friends over for the night and stay up watching movies, eating enough snacks to barf, or just talking about the most random things you can think of at midnight. I just wanted to wrap them all in a hug but I controlled myself, I cleared my throat and decided to just the explanation over with.

After I had explained to the team what a slumber party was, they jumped right into setting up the common room for it. They all seemed very excited at the idea, it was adorable, to say the least.

Well, about everyone seemed excited. Romanoff seemed whatever about it but I can tell she was just trying to hide it as I saw the small smile fighting its way on her lips as she helped her archer companion on placing out all the blankets, sleeping bags, pillows, and anything else we needed in that category.

Tony and Bruce were taking care of the bar, supplying a variety of drinks for everyone. Whether it'd be alcohol (Tony), sodas, and water. There are even options for hot and cold drinks in case someone (a.k.a me) wanted hot chocolate, tea, or coffee (a.k.a Nat). So there was a variety we could choose from.

Then there was Steve and I (along with Thor as it ended up being uneven... and he wanted to help). We ended up being in charge of the snacks, laying out as much we could place on the table that Stark had set up for them. I look over to my right to see Thor placing a few Poptart packages out in a row on the end of the table, a small smile on his face at the treat. I couldn't help but let a smile of my own slip as I watch the god fumble with placing his snacks in a neat line down the table.

I was going to offer to help him when I noticed how concentrated he was so I didn't want to disturb him. I look up to the super soldier on my left to see the man very concentrated on his side of the table as well, I shake my head at the two over-grown golden retrievers that are taking their assigned roles a bit too seriously.