The Golden Four

5:40 a.m. 29 April 2014, Avengers Tower

I groan at the sound of knocking coming from my bedroom door. Hoping that the person would just go away. Alas, that doesn't seem to go in my favor as I suddenly hear the door being pushed open and the sound of ever-so light footsteps make their way towards me.

"Please. Just leave me alone." I groan, turning over in my spot to lay face first on the other pillow.

It's a bit quiet. Too quiet. Though I take it to let myself sleep for a few moments longer until the covers are suddenly ripped off of me in a rude manner. Causing my eyes to peel open only to form into a glare.

"Natalia Alianova Romanova. Вы хамите."

"Oh, don't be such a big baby."

I groan once more, sitting up with disdain and grogginess as I watch her drop my mission suit on the edge of my bed. Now noticing she was already in her own suit, prepared for whatever mission she was assigned for.

"What now?" I huff, staggering out of bed and towards my adjacent bathroom.

I start brushing my teeth as the redhead follows along, leaning against the door frame.

"You, Sam, and Steve have a mission. You leave in thirty."

"What about you?" I speak after rinsing my mouth.

"I got my own mission. It's undercover in Moscow." She shrugs. "I should be back by the end of the day if it goes well."

I dry off my face after washing it to wake myself up more, while Nat explained what she was up to. I raise a brow at her nonchalant explanation before I head back towards my bed to start getting ready. I ignore Nat as she sits herself on my desk chair, not giving a single fuck about me changing in the same room as her but yet again, that's Nat for you.

"Then I guess I'll see you tonight. As I have no doubt you will complete the mission with ease" I remark, as I slip on the combat boots that go with my outfit.

"Obviously." Nat smirks as she turns the chair around to smirk at me.

I shake my head as I glance back down at the shoes, making sure the flying tech still works on them. I did not want to deal with Stark rambling on how they should have been working since he was the one who designed them.

"Well, I'm all set." I huff as I gather the small sword that Stark also made, making sure it was secure in boot before I grab the utility belt and clipping it on before filling it up with all my other small weapons that I carry on the belt in case of need for missions.

I follow after the redhead, snatching my infinite backpack and throwing in a travel blanket, three waters, my phone and headphones, my wallet, and some snacks from the kitchen before rushing over to the elevator.

We stand there in silence as the elevator brings us up to the helipad where the other two are waiting. I wave at Sam as he gives me a small smile and wave in return as we get closer, I let him pull me into a quick hug.

"Good morning there, sunshine." He grins, patting me on the shoulder.

"Yeah, whatever." I mutter, a small smile on my lips.

Sam chuckles as Steve pulls me into his arms, resting his head on top of mine as he rubs my back in a soothing motion.

"Aw, come on sweetheart. It's just a simple in and out mission. Then you can get back and sleep." Steve smiles down at me.

I shrug before turning to Nat who is already staring at us, smiling in my direction. I walk over and pull her into a hug.

"Good luck, red." I mutter against her before we pull back.