Back to the Tower

17 May 2014, 'Rogers' Residence'

"..Years ago, you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed.

I've placed information vital to the survival of the rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour...."

"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."

I giggle, peering up from the couch at the blond as he quotes along with the movie in a high-pitched voice. Trying to mimic the tone of the female on screen.

"Lunch's almost ready, sweetheart."

"Alrighty!" I grin, my attention focused back on the movie playing before me, the wide, flatscreen TV. giving the classic film a more exciting and personal experience as the action picks up.

Bzzt...bzzt..

I huff, craning my neck up to peer to down at the vibrating device on the coffee table in front of the leather couch. My brows furrow as I reach over and snatch the phone, opening it to reveal a few messages from a certain Russian assassin.

I type out my response before letting my phone fall beside me on the comfy and soothing material of the cushion beneath me as I continue to lay sideways on the furniture, my legs stretched out along the other cushion as I use the head rest to support the pillow that is supporting my head up.

My phone buzzes once more from beside me but I pay no mind to it as I take a whiff of the heavenly smell of pesto and pasta, peering up to see Steve making his way over with a bowl in his right hand, the same arm curled around another bowl. While his left hand is occupied with two coke bottles.

"Gimme, gimme." Making grabby motions as soon as the man got close enough.

He chuckles at my antics but obliges. "Here you go, ma'am. One bowl of freshly made pesto pasta to your liking."

"Why thank you kind sir."

"Why of course." Steve does a curt nod, "And not to forget your fine beverage of coke-a-cola."

"Cannot forget the drink." I wiggle my winger up and down at him as I grab the drink with my free hand.

Steve chuckles, shaking his head as he plops himself beside me just as I sit up correctly. Giving the super-soldier the space, pulling my legs up beneath me and crossing them.

"Dinner is served."

"Yes, shall we eat?"

"We shall indeed, my fair lady."

The clinking of our bottles afterwards follows along with our laughter. The sound of space guns and space crafts shooting drown us out to the rest of the room, but not loud enough where we can't hear each other.

I shove a fork full of pasta into my mouth just as I hear the sudden and small 'click' of the front door. Steve and I both caught off guard for a moment before he jumps off his seat, over the back fo the couch and grabs his shield, pulling me over couch as well to join him behind the giant, vibranium frisbee.

I slowly reach for the gun hiden underneath the back of the couch, not taking my eyes off the entrance just as it slowly creeps open. The soft click of the hammer if followed by the door swinging all the way open, our shoulders relaxing as the shield gets put down at the sight of the redhead and archer.