The First Mission

11:30 p.m. 11 February 2014

We're now flying over the Indian Ocean the three of us are with some SHIELD agents who are led by Brock Rumlow. That asshole... if only I could tower defenestrate him out of this jet.

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." The two-faced man informs us.

"Any demands?" Steve questions.

"A billion and a half."

"Why so steep?"

"Because it SHIELD's." Rumlow responds like it's obvious.

"So it's not off-course, it's trespassing." Steve starts.

"I'm sure they have a good reason." Nat butts in.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor."

"Relax, it's not that complicated." I softly speak up, looking over at the irritated man.

"How many pirates?" Steve questions as he shoots me a small smile.

"Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc." Rumlow explains as he shows us a photo of Batroc on the monitor. "Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?"

"Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell."

With that answer I rolled my eyes to myself at the mention of the other two-faced man as a photo of Sitwell's shows on the monitor.

"They're in the galley." Rumlpw explains to everyone, his cold eyes staying on me for a bit too longer for my taste.

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship? Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat and Andrea, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out. Let's move." Steve lists off orders, getting a nod from everyone in return.

"STRIKE, you heard the Cap. Gear up." Rumlow rounds up his men. 

As we are getting ready to dive off the jet; Steve talks into his radio, making sure we are connected.

"Secure channel seven and channel eight." Steve talkes into his wrist communicator.

"Eight secure Stevie." I hum, fixing my belt strap.

"Seven secure. Did you guys do anything fun Saturday night?" Nat comments after, sending a wink my way as I turn to glare at her.

"Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so... Andrea and I just stayed in watching movies."

"Yep! Jurassic Park Marathon was the best one we had." I grin over at the super soldier.

"Coming up by the drop zone, Cap." The pilot's voice cuts through on the radio.

"You know," Romanoff starts loudly, her voice unfortunately trails off not allowing me to hear what she says next to Steve.

I hear the two mumbling to each other for a bit longer till Steve speak up louder this time.

"We're too busy!"

Before I can ask what the heck he was talking about Steve jumps out of the jet, into the dark night and down to the ocean below. I shake my head at the sound of a small splash as he hits the water. Unfortunately, I couldn't see the famous stunt of his from how dark it was.