We keep Fighting

The four of us sneak in to the compound and to our destination: the control room. Steve is the one to knock, the Tech opening the door to come faced with Steve, Sam, Hill, and I on the other side of the door, Sam and Hill point their guns at him.

Steve storms over to the microphone. "Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

Once Steve finishes his speech he turns to us, catching Sam and I snickering into our hands.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam quips, trying to hold in the laughter.

"Oh come on Sam," piping up, "Don't you know who you're talking to?" I question jokingly.

"He's Steven fucking Rogers. The man with the plan!" I wheeze out, leaning against Wilson as I try to contain myself.

"Oh, ha-ha. Very funny." Steve rolls his eyes at our comments and behavior.

I notice Hill trying to contain her laughter as well, turning away to cover it. I clear my throat as the super soldier continued to glare down at us playfully. We turn to Hill as she speaks up.

"They're initiating launch." She turns to three of us.

A sigh leaves my lips as I know what that means, I pat my hips to make sure I still have the dagger, gun, and extra gun on my thigh just in case. I give a firm nod to the boys then turn and stroll out of the room. The two following behind instantly as we rush over to the Helicarriers.

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam quips as we step out onto the roof of the building.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve informs him, as him and I head our separate ways from the flying man. I watch him for a moment as he flies off but instantly get back in the game as Steve drags me over to crouch behind some large black bins.

"Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about." I hear Sam speak through the comms.

"You okay?" I ask.

"I'm not dead yet." We hear, which gets a chuckle from me.

I trail behind Steve as we try to sneak past some of the agents who were shooting at us.

"Eight minutes, Cap. Delgado." I hear Hill's voice as I pull the trigger to my gun, trying to ignore the weird feeling wash over me as I shoot the bad guys down.

"We're working on it."

We make our way inside one of the Helicarriers, Steve instantly knocking over the agents who were patrolling from the inside.

Man, that was easy.

"Alpha locked." Steve informs as he shoves in the chip.

I smile up at the super soldier as he hops back down to join me on the second floor of the carrier, I roll me eyes playfully at the handsome man as he sends a wink my way. I place my hand in his as he holds the non occupied one out for me, him stepping out of the carrier first then turning to help me down to get to the main floor of the carrier, rushing over to the entrance.